www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Explain your user name
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Explain your user name
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Community Members and Friends
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rjlittlefield
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyclops wrote:
now proceed to Show You[r] Faces and show us what you look like, just in case there's another Rik Littlefield! Wink

Oh, I did that ages ago. See HERE. Mar 09, 2008. Very Happy

I did run across another picture a few days ago of some wildly younger Rik Littlefield. It's this photo, shown in context in this rogues' gallery. Oddly enough, I do remember working with most of those people back in 1977. I also remember wearing sideburns then, and the glasses look familiar, and... Perhaps that's actually me?? Shocked

--Rik
AndrewC

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rjlittlefield wrote:
I am now internationally recognizable in the strong sense that if you ask any search engine about Rik Littlefield, even with no quotes, most of top hits you get will be about me.*

--Rik

apparently I'm an American journalist who doesn't like the government, might explain why I get hassled at American immigration sometimes just after he's written a thought provoking article !

AndrewC is well, Andrew and first letter of my family name - some bulletin boards have issues with my family name and block it !

"Is that an accurate dictionary ? Charlie Eppes
Cyclops

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:35 am    Post subject: explain your username Reply with quote

AndrewC wrote:
apparently I'm an American journalist who doesn't like the government, might explain why I get hassled at American immigration sometimes just after he's written a thought provoking article !

AndrewC is well, Andrew and first letter of my family name - some bulletin boards have issues with my family name and block it !

Now you have me curious!
AndrewC

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: explain your username Reply with quote

Cyclops wrote:
AndrewC wrote:

Now you have me curious!

Google Andrew Cockburn - I'm not an Irishman living in America !

"Is that an accurate dictionary ? Charlie Eppes
Ken Ramos

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Explain your user name." Uh...it was on my "birth certificate?" Laughing I try to be pretty much an up-front kind of guy. Very Happy
missgecko

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some very interesting usernames here and quite often I never pick the right reason as to why someone has that name (except for Cyclops Very Happy ). Mine is a pretty long story so I'll drastically shorten it. Ended up heading to hospital about 12 years ago with a lump on my thyroid. Was told the news wasn't good so I had myself dead and buried. A good friend gave me a little silver gecko as a good luck charm before the op. I was told to aim for something good after the op, so I vowed to have a tattoo of a gecko if I came through triumphant. I did come through and four weeks later had the gecko tattoo done just left of my heart. (My hubby reckons by the time I'm 80, it should be down around my waist somewhere Rolling Eyes )

Cheers
Sam

'To see a world in a grain of sand And heaven in a wild flower. Hold infinity in the palm of your hand And eternity in an hour.' William Blake
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Community Members and Friends All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: