www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Refreshments anyone?
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Refreshments anyone?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Favorite Locations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Planapo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:53 pm    Post subject: Refreshments anyone? Reply with quote

I thought at this time of the year some of you (those on the northern hemisphere), and especially those living inland in dry areas Wink , could do with some refreshments:

So here you go, enjoy the emerald waters and white sands of the Caribbean... a place where we prefer to go dippin' regularly...

...err Liar Wink Very Happy ... no actually it's the Baltic Coast (shot east of Eckernförde, for those who like to explore with google maps or Bing maps.) The photos were taken while we were on a trip around the area by bike (without motor!) heading for a nice beach to cool off. Water temperature was about 19 °C, so quite refreshing!

And that's what it looks like in large areas of the "outback" of the Jutland peninsula, in the Danish as well as in the German part of the hinterland (I always enjoy using this English word Smile) .

And to add some "folklore", here's to the skillful people who can construct those picturesque thatched roofs from reed. Once these were the common roofs as the reed was cheap and locally available. Nowadays it's one of the most expensive roofs you can have, because of the amount of labour it takes to construct it and the costly fire insurance. But in some protected areas and on listed buildings it has to be this kind of roof.

Technical: Shot with p&s Ricoh Caplio GX

--Betty

P.S.:
Hope you enjoyed, and I'd like to ask and encourage our members to show us what it looks like at their places, if they'd like to. Oftentimes what oneself deems as trivial because one sees it almost everyday, can be quite interesting for others living at a faraway place. I always enjoy being shown around by the locals, especially from people one can communicate with here aboard.

edit: fixed typo

Last edited by Planapo on Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Aynia

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice.

I'm on the Baltic coast at the moment too!! :-) I should really go take some scenic photos - instead of macro! Very Happy
Ken Ramos

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots there Betty! Don't you just love thatched roof tops. I would imagine that they are or could be very energy efficent, depending on where one lived of course. Very Happy
Cyclops

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks fabulous. Want to be there!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Favorite Locations All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: