Green Shield bug parts!

Images made through a microscope. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Cyclops

Green Shield bug parts!

Post by Cyclops »

I found a dead shield bug on the windowsill earlier so following my dissapointing water dip I had a look at it instead!
I had to hold the lamp with my hand as its a solid object and so needed reflected rather than transmitted light to se anything
(Im using an ordinary household lamp,normally shining into the mirror)

Here you can just see the eyes

And this shows its a plant bug! They have these needle like, well probosocis i suppose, and it looks like a hypodermic needle at 100X!

(The focus is a bit off as the camera only has auto focus and so I focus the scope only to have the camera re focus! Need 3 hands!)

Right, thats my 3 images for the day, im happy now!
8)
Canon 5D and 30D | Canon IXUS 265HS | Cosina 100mm f3.5 macro | EF 75-300 f4.5-5.6 USM III | EF 50 f1.8 II | Slik 88 tripod | Apex Practicioner monocular microscope

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

hehehehehehe :lol: Good job on the mouthparts Cyclops :smt023
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

You know those mini mag lites you get in the dept. and hardware stores work really well for illuminating subjects under the objectives of a microscope. They only cost a few dollars or maybe pounds, depending on where you are at or just simply a small AA battery powered pin light. A small stand to hold the light in position could be easily constructed with a small sping clamp and a wooden dowl. Nice images Cyclops :D

Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

Ken, what a neat idea! I have one of those third hands things knocking about somewhere too!
:D
Canon 5D and 30D | Canon IXUS 265HS | Cosina 100mm f3.5 macro | EF 75-300 f4.5-5.6 USM III | EF 50 f1.8 II | Slik 88 tripod | Apex Practicioner monocular microscope

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic