1 little 2 little 3 little spiders

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Cyclops

1 little 2 little 3 little spiders

Post by Cyclops »

sitting on the wall with flies inside em....

10D + macro lens at or close to 1:1
Pop up flash with jiffy bag diffuser
Canon 5D and 30D | Canon IXUS 265HS | Cosina 100mm f3.5 macro | EF 75-300 f4.5-5.6 USM III | EF 50 f1.8 II | Slik 88 tripod | Apex Practicioner monocular microscope

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

I really like #2, but it looks a lot better on my too-bright software development monitor than it does on my regular photo monitor.

On the photo monitor, the spider is so dark that I miss a lot of detail unless I specifically go looking for it.

A bit of curves adjustment might make this image work better on a wide range of monitors. Let me know if you'd like me to post a modified version to show you what I mean.

--Rik

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

BTW, not to nag, but these images are larger than posting guidelines. At this moment the spider is 900 x 605 pixels, and 426KB.

--Rik

Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

Ah sorry about that Rik, I changed the reseize scale on photobucket for a particular shot and forgpt to reset it to my usual 800x600.

Re the brightness, I know what you mean. When viewed on this laptop it appears quite bright,but when viewed on my phone,which always gives a more faithful rendition(also sharper than the laptop) it looks dar like you say! I do have Levels adjustment but as you say theres a discrepancy between monitors and one has to be acreful not to over compensate.
I see that the white in the last pic looks burnt out on my phone but fine on here!
Canon 5D and 30D | Canon IXUS 265HS | Cosina 100mm f3.5 macro | EF 75-300 f4.5-5.6 USM III | EF 50 f1.8 II | Slik 88 tripod | Apex Practicioner monocular microscope

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic