More mosses

Images of undisturbed subjects in their natural environment. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

lauriek

More mosses

Post by lauriek »

I found some great Moss shots on the net while looking around for info on those I posted in the Technical forum, which inspired me to try to shoot some of them in their natural habitat. These are my best attempts from today...

All shot with E330, ZD35/3.5, stf-22 twinflash. First shot is a single image. Second shot is a stack of 2 images. Third shot is a stack of 6 images. (The last is by far my most successful hand held stack to date!).

I have no clue as to what any of the species are, sorry!

Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

Nice shots Laurie,especially the last one with the sporophytes!
Canon 5D and 30D | Canon IXUS 265HS | Cosina 100mm f3.5 macro | EF 75-300 f4.5-5.6 USM III | EF 50 f1.8 II | Slik 88 tripod | Apex Practicioner monocular microscope

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Seems we all have pretty much the same species. That last photograph is the best I think :D and probably the hardest subject, well for me anyway, to achieve any good depth of field with. I don't know how many spore capsules I have photographed and only had one may be two, if I am lucky, to be in reasonably good focus and this is even after having stopped down the lens to a photon or two squeezing through that tiny little hole. :lol:

lauriek

Post by lauriek »

Thanks guys!

Ken if you like those spore capsules I did some close up stacks of some of these over in the technical forum! :)

Cyberspider

Post by Cyberspider »

The first and the last image are super...

the capture and composition with the diagonal of the moss into the image is very good...the last looks like some fresh Lily of the Valley (?) ... very good shots there!
best regards
Markus

SONY a6000, Sigma 150mm 2,8 Makro HSM, Extention Tubes, Raynox DCR-250

visit me on flickr

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic