my First Stack photo

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

crayfish74

my First Stack photo

Post by crayfish74 »

Dear Guys,

I want to thanks the all who have help to me to take my first super macro, please I will apreciate your coment to improve the tecnique.

Specie: Bumblebee
Nikon 4x
Tube of 135 mm
flash + difusor + aditional light and reflects

bicho3 por redclaw74, en Flickr
Last edited by crayfish74 on Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ozelot

Post by Ozelot »

Hallo crayfish74,

a very nice stack which you show us here. The exposure is very good. Adjusts the sharpness. The composition is well done you. A nice stack.

Regards

Michael

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

The lighting here is much better than the previous images that you posted. In those, it looked like the subject was getting some light straight from the lamp, without going through the diffuser. But the image in this thread looks like it was getting all diffused light, so the highlights and reflections are much better controlled.

I think the biggest issue in the current picture is just the "grooming" of the subject. It looks like it got wet and its hair is matted. Somehow bees always look a little sad to go along with wet.

--Rik

crayfish74

Post by crayfish74 »

hi Rik

I use a foam coffe cup to diffuse the light, flash is angled so that the light strikes the top of the cup and the inside bottom of the cup; also hits the inside sides of the cup. The result is that the entire cup becomes a light source.

now problem is that resultl is a boring white, so how i can add color to the background?

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Try colored paper or a flower behind the subject.

--Rik

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic