Moss leaves

Images made through a microscope. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

bernhardinho

Moss leaves

Post by bernhardinho »

Hi,

sometimes it's nice to leave all the fuss and take photographs of something common and easy like moss:

Mag 40x, 400x, 1000x, stacked with CombineZ5

Coolpix 990

Best wishes

Bernhard

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Re: Moss leaves

Post by rjlittlefield »

bernhardinho wrote:sometimes it's nice to leave all the fuss and take photographs of something common and easy like moss
I can practically hear your sigh of relief from here! But I know the feeling very well... :? :D

Nice shots -- the chloroplasts really stand out in these thin transparent leaves.

--Rik

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

Great shots Bernhard I never thought of just putting some moss under the scope. The higher mag. shots are very interesting. :wink:
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

The leaves of mosses are really neat to observe using the microscope. They are only one cell thick which means you don't need to do much of anything to them, to prepare a slide. I like the Mnium species of moss. Great shots bernhard. :D

Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

Theres something really neat about these photo series where you gradually get closer and closer,and now I'm just gonna have to go pull up some moss!

Very neat images(the first one would look good in a frame I reckon!)
Canon 5D and 30D | Canon IXUS 265HS | Cosina 100mm f3.5 macro | EF 75-300 f4.5-5.6 USM III | EF 50 f1.8 II | Slik 88 tripod | Apex Practicioner monocular microscope

bernhardinho

Post by bernhardinho »

Thanks folks for your kind comments.

Exactly, Ken: that's what I meant with "leaving the fuss"- no fixing, cutting thin sections, dying or mounting-just plug and play!!

By the way, one of my german colleagues sent me a mail, stating that this moss should be Eurhynchium swartzii.

Bye Bernhard

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic