www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Greetings from Cologne
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Greetings from Cologne

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Community Members and Friends
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jamie V.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:47 am    Post subject: Greetings from Cologne Reply with quote

I just joined, today. As I am currently starting a project in cytometry, whereby I will be fotographing plant chromosomes and have absolutely no experience in this area, I thought I may find some useful infos here.

Cologne
Germany

waking escapes the dream
Ken Ramos

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings Jamie Very Happy There are a great many talented microscopist on this forum and I would pretty much bet you will find an abundance of help. Sounds like an interesting project that you are embarking upon. Anyway there Jamie, welcome aboard. I hope that you enjoy the forums. A lot and I mean a "lot" of great talent here. Very Happy
Harold Gough

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamie,

I'm not sure if this helps but I believe that fruit flies Drosophila have giant chromosomes and could be an entry point for developing your technique.

Harold
Jamie V.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcome!

Harold,

I've already managed to view onion chromosomes with little trouble at 100X mag. With my planned work in Iris and Hemerocallis, I expect it is more the preperation of the slides that is going to prove the bear. I will be using the squash technique with aceto-orecin, aceto-carmin and Giemsa banding stains. If I can master these, next year I want to go on to FISH, but the microscope will be a major purchase.

And all this because I'm a curious person who just wants to know.....

Cologne
Germany

waking escapes the dream
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Community Members and Friends All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: