Looking for adapters: enlarger lenses --> Sigma SD14

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Looking for adapters: enlarger lenses --> Sigma SD14

Post by rjlittlefield »

I received an email asking the following question:
Would you happen to know of a commercially available adapter that would allow very small enlarger lenses such as 25mm to 40mm typically Minox lenses, or Leica 39mm threaded lenses to be used on a Sigma SD14 type of camera mount?
What do you folks suggest?

I know almost nothing about Sigmas. DPReview says the SD14 is a "Sigma SA" mount, and on eBay there are a number of M42 to SA adapters, but I'm thinking there are probably other options that I don't even know to ask about.

--Rik

mgoodm3

Post by mgoodm3 »

The Sigma to M42 seems to be the only one I can easily find. Get a M42 bellows and a M42 to M39 adapter and you are in business.

Charles Krebs

Post by Charles Krebs »

Yes. M42 to Sigma is the most logical way to go. In addition to bellows, M42 extension tubes are easy to locate.

The Pentax K mount actually fits the Sigma but the "hole" for the locking pin is too small. (Also lenses with the aperture linkage pins will not fit into the body). I know of one person who attached a Sigma body to a microscope using a Pentax K adapter.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic