I am the happiest man on the forums.galleries right now...

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

twebster

I am the happiest man on the forums.galleries right now...

Post by twebster »

Hi y'all, :D

I've been wanting a Canon pro-dSLR for the longest time to use with my 300 f 2.8 and 500 f 4 lenses. Until I started photographing birds, I couldn't justify the expense. The Canon 20D and 30D cameras are good but when I attach the 1.4x tc + 2x tc to the 300mm or add the 2x tc to the 500mm I lose autofocus. With my old eyes, autofocus is important. Well, I found a local dealer who had one (1) brand new, never opened, complete with warranty cards (!), Canon EOS 1D Mark II in a box from 2004 and he sold it to me for $2500.00 :!: :!: :D :D :!: :!: WOOHOO :!: :!: :D :D :!: :!: I finally got my pro dSLR. :D

Best regards to all as always, :D
Tom Webster

Phoenix "The Valley of the Sun", Arizona, USA

The worst day photographing dragonflies is better than the best day working! :)

Mike B in OKlahoma

Post by Mike B in OKlahoma »

Way to go! I know the difference in the viewfinders of the 1-series versus the 1.6 crop DSLRs is amazing. And as you said, autofocus at f/8. The weight is admittedly a disadvantage, but I think you'll be very pleased.
Mike Broderick
Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Constructive critiques of my pictures, and reposts in this forum for purposes of critique are welcome

"I must obey the inscrutable exhortations of my soul....My mandate includes weird bugs."
--Calvin

salden

Post by salden »

Tom, is this the new one? The Canon EOS-1D Mark II N? I am thinking about getting this one and wanted to know how you like it, if it is the one you got.

Anyone have hands on with this camera?
Sue Alden

Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

Lucky dog :wink:

My dream camera!
I'd settle for a 350D at the moment but cant afford a DSLR yet(I have an EOS 300 film camera at the moment)
Canon 5D and 30D | Canon IXUS 265HS | Cosina 100mm f3.5 macro | EF 75-300 f4.5-5.6 USM III | EF 50 f1.8 II | Slik 88 tripod | Apex Practicioner monocular microscope

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic