Greetings from Cologne

Lets get to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Jamie V.

Greetings from Cologne

Post by Jamie V. »

I just joined, today. As I am currently starting a project in cytometry, whereby I will be fotographing plant chromosomes and have absolutely no experience in this area, I thought I may find some useful infos here.
Jamie

Cologne
Germany

waking escapes the dream

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Greetings Jamie :D There are a great many talented microscopist on this forum and I would pretty much bet you will find an abundance of help. Sounds like an interesting project that you are embarking upon. Anyway there Jamie, welcome aboard. I hope that you enjoy the forums. A lot and I mean a "lot" of great talent here. :D

Harold Gough

Post by Harold Gough »

Jamie,

I'm not sure if this helps but I believe that fruit flies Drosophila have giant chromosomes and could be an entry point for developing your technique.

Harold
My images are a medium for sharing some of my experiences: they are not me.

Jamie V.

Post by Jamie V. »

Thanks for the welcome!

Harold,

I've already managed to view onion chromosomes with little trouble at 100X mag. With my planned work in Iris and Hemerocallis, I expect it is more the preperation of the slides that is going to prove the bear. I will be using the squash technique with aceto-orecin, aceto-carmin and Giemsa banding stains. If I can master these, next year I want to go on to FISH, but the microscope will be a major purchase.

And all this because I'm a curious person who just wants to know.....
Jamie

Cologne
Germany

waking escapes the dream

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic