Peacock feather

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

dmillard

Peacock feather

Post by dmillard »

Approx. 3X, 63mm Luminar at f/4.5

Approx. 5X, Nikon CF N Plan Achro 4/0.13

I'm still struggling with keeping the vibrancy of iridescent subjects, while retaining detail after stacking.

augusthouse

Post by augusthouse »

David wrote:
I'm still struggling with keeping the vibrancy of iridescent subjects, while retaining detail after stacking.
I would interested to hear from the experienced 'stackers' in regard to this also.

Craig
To use a classic quote from 'Antz' - "I almost know exactly what I'm doing!"

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Re: Peacock feather

Post by rjlittlefield »

dmillard wrote:I'm still struggling with keeping the vibrancy of iridescent subjects, while retaining detail after stacking.
I haven't worked much with subjects like this, and I'm having trouble imagining what's going wrong.

Can you say a few more words, and maybe post out some annotated images showing examples where vibrancy and/or detail get lost?

--Rik

dmillard

Re: Peacock feather

Post by dmillard »

rjlittlefield wrote: I haven't worked much with subjects like this, and I'm having trouble imagining what's going wrong.

Can you say a few more words, and maybe post out some annotated images showing examples where vibrancy and/or detail get lost?

--Rik
Thanks for asking Rik -

I'm losing resolution of detail, when compared to the individual slices, and losing resolution of color (posterization) when compared to the uncompressed image.

I'll post an image slice, and an uncompressed section of an image, if I have the time this evening.

Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

Great 'abstract' shots there!
Canon 5D and 30D | Canon IXUS 265HS | Cosina 100mm f3.5 macro | EF 75-300 f4.5-5.6 USM III | EF 50 f1.8 II | Slik 88 tripod | Apex Practicioner monocular microscope

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic