Snakes in a church!

Lets get to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Mike B in OKlahoma

Snakes in a church!

Post by Mike B in OKlahoma »

Most of our participants in the USA are probably aware that some small American religious sects, mostly in the rural Southeast, handle poisonous snakes as part of their worship activities. Those overseas may not be aware of it. This article describes how a leader of one such group was caught with illegal poisonous snakes, including one PUFF ADDER!!!! :shock:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/07/13/sna ... index.html

The stock photo accompanying the article looks like I could've taken it (but I didn't, alas!).
Mike Broderick
Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Constructive critiques of my pictures, and reposts in this forum for purposes of critique are welcome

"I must obey the inscrutable exhortations of my soul....My mandate includes weird bugs."
--Calvin

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

These people get that from the last chapter of Mark in the gospels. However I sorely think that this is being misinterpreted. The news program "Dateline," had a segment on this type of thing also, which showed a man bit on the cheek (the one on his face that is :lol: ) while handling a very large rattler during church services. He immediately died there on camera! :shock:

g4lab

Post by g4lab »

What about the COBRAs !!!
Those poor animals were very far from home in the custody of truly ignorant people who view them as earthly representatives of the devil.
At least some of them manage to jump out of the gene pool.

P_T

Post by P_T »

I gotta say that snake photo is truly excellent.

I have to agree with g4lab. It's really sad how people can be so ignorant and in turn putting both themselves and those snakes in danger.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic