www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Pine Ridge area, Nebraska USA
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Pine Ridge area, Nebraska USA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Favorite Locations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rjlittlefield
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:12 pm    Post subject: Pine Ridge area, Nebraska USA Reply with quote

This is the Pine Ridge area in northwestern Nebraska, around the towns of Crawford and Chadron. It's a distinctly rural place -- nice scenery, friendly people! Very Happy

These sandstone bluffs are just inside Fort Robinson State Park at Crawford.

Here's the view from on top of those sandstone bluffs. It's about an hour's hike to get up here. Not heavily traveled, but well worth the view. (This is a stitched panorama, 118 degrees side to side. See here and here for larger files with more detail.)

From the backside of the same bluffs, overlooking Crawford.

From Squaw Creek Road, southeast of Crawford.

I hope the color on these comes out OK -- preparing photos on a laptop is always a bit dicey. Enjoy! Very Happy

--Rik

Technical: Canon A710, PTGui.

Edit: correct spelling

Last edited by rjlittlefield on Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mike B in OKlahoma

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicely done, Rik, and I'm glad you're getting a chance to rejuvenate your photo genes by doing some photography in a different sort of place than you usually do!

Constructive critiques of my pictures, and reposts in this forum for purposes of critique are welcome

"I must obey the inscrutable exhortations of my soul....My mandate includes weird bugs."
--Calvin
rjlittlefield
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Mike!

Yes, it is a bit of a change from my usual position, hunched over a screw table or silhouetted in the glare of a computer monitor. Cool

(Well, I guess the computer monitor is still here, but you get the idea... Laughing )

--Rik
Ken Ramos

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, life in the heartland of rural America, does it get any better? Very Happy Those bluffs are impressive and look to be extremely dangerous if one is not careful along the edge of them. Great group of images Rik. Scenes like these seem to refresh the eyes and clear the mind somewhat. Thanks Very Happy
However, while there is grace where in all that I might live, while there is still breath in my being, while I may or may not accomplish anything more in life than to be living, I shall reflect upon the past, applying it to the present, for to possibly perceive to a near certainty, the outcome of the future.

Ken 2014
Planapo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I always do enjoy travelling the States with the American uncles! Very Happy Wink Wink

Great, beautiful and vast country you live in, so many interesting places to visit! Looks like you are gathering quite some miles. Not at all just "fly over country" as some people call it there in the hinterland, if one knows what to look for! I would love to probe that pine forest for insects!

Thanks for sharing it with us, Rik.

Take care!
--Betty
Gary W Brown

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rik,
Welcome to the Great State of Nebraska. You've found some of our wonderful scenery and certainly done it justice with your photos. If you make it to the east coast (along the Missouri) stop in for a visit.
Gary
rjlittlefield
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary W Brown wrote:
If you make it to the east coast (along the Missouri) stop in for a visit.

Gary, thanks for the offer, but I'm headed north next. Another time, perhaps. Very Happy

--Rik
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Favorite Locations All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: