Bug Pano

Images of undisturbed subjects in their natural environment. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

doenoe

Bug Pano

Post by doenoe »

I made some shots of a damsel that i caught in my brothers house. Set it on the outside table and it didnt fly away. So i made some shots and after a few moments it flew away.
It wasnt the plan to make a pano, but when i saw 2 pics on my pc, i thought i could combine them. So its a 2 pic pano. Im pretty happy with it.
Shot with a 350D, Speedlite430EX, Difuser, ISO400 (forgot to change it back), F29, 1/200

If you click here www.xs4all.nl/~schouwe/Fotografie/JufferPano001.jpg you can see a bigger version

Thanks for looking
Greetz Daan

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

For me that is really amazing at f/29, what lens did you use for this? The large version looks great, as does this one too, thanks for the link. :D

tpe

Post by tpe »

That is excelent, and well done for stitching them together so nicely. I think ken is probably supprised about the lens having so little diffraction blurring at f 29? Most start to deteriorate at about f 16.

Great picture.

tim

doenoe

Post by doenoe »

Thanks for the comments
I used the Sigma 105 2.8 DG macro for this shot (i use that lens for every bugshot i make) It can go to F45, so the blurring will probably start with a higher F-number.
You can see it wasnt a planned shot, since the angle in the first shot (the tail bit) is different then the second shot. You can see the angle change in the groove of the table, at the first tail segment.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic