OrtholuxII outfit for sale.

Lets get to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

g4lab

OrtholuxII outfit for sale.

Post by g4lab »

The administrators of this site have graciously granted me permission to offer this microscope outfit for sale. I have owned and used it for several years, but am now letting it go because I've decided to concentrate on other activities. I am asking $2,700 net of any paypal charges and shipping at actual cost. This price was arrived at by looking at recent fleabay prices for the same or comparable equipment.

Interested parties may contact me by PM here. At this time, I do not want to sell anything separately. This could happen later, if it doesn't sell as a "happy family".

Ortholux II stand,late model,white.Equipped for transmitted light phase contrast and incident light fluorescence.
Comprising:
Matched pair of Periplan GF10x Oculars one focusable, one not
includes two Leitz ocular plastic storage cases.
Fluorescence Photo Trinocular
Has lever to change from 100% viewing to 80% camera
Has Plug for PhotoAutomat operated ocular tube light leakage blocker (I think that’s what it does.)

Ploemopak Incident Light Fluorescence Vertical Illuminator
Four position cubes turret and quintuple objective nosepiece
Three cubes and one unoccupied:
513616 TL
513604 12/3
NoStockNumber, Texas Red

Extra Quintuple Nosepiece on dovetail for non Fluorescence use.
Variolume Light uniformizer and intensity adjuster. Rare accessory.
Increases resolution with short arc lamps or allows quartz halogen or short arc lamps to be optically dimmed without changing color temp or lamp current.
HBO100 lamphouse with brand new Osram HBO 103 lamp, zero hours. Extra Osram HBO 103 burner.
HBO 100/XBO75 Power supply by Ludl Electronic Products 120volt
Mechanical X-Y stage With adjustable spring specimen slide retainer , and two small size slide clips.
Substage Illuminating condensor 402a/ 513292
Brightfield, Darkfield and Phase 1-4 Flip up/down Achromatic top lens 0.90 na
Pair Leitz Centering wrenches
Leitz Centering Telescope (Einstell Fernroher)

12volt 100watt Quartz Halogen Lamphouse/ illuminator for transmitted light
with Leitz labeled power supply by ElectroPowerPacs 115 v. Includes two spare Osram 12 volt 100 watt bulbs.
Lollipop Filters:
3each in 50mm CB12 Blue , Panchromatic Green, Clear Diffuser
2 each in Small diameter Clear Diffuser and CB16.5 Blue

Photocopy of Ortholux II manual.
Objectives Complement
4x Plan 4/0.10 160/-
10x EF 10/0.25 160/- 519760
10x EF 10/0.25 160/- Phaco 1
40x NPL Fluotar 40/0.65 160/0.17 Phaco2
100xEF 100/1.25oel 160/0.17 519766
Objective plastic cases , some Leitz some aftermarket.

I can probably furnish it with a Diagnostic Instruments SPOT thermoelectrically cooled fluorescence camera at extra cost if the buyer is interested.

I will be happy to consider reasonable offers.
EDIT: This scope is no longer available. It has been sold.
[Admin edit 10 pm PDT June 15, per additional info provided by PM]
Last edited by g4lab on Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Just to be sure the policy is clear...

The photomacrography.net forum is strictly non-commercial and not for profit.

As we said when we answered g4lab's inquiry: "Concensus of the admins is that it's OK to post an occasional notice of equipment that's available because a member has upgraded or no longer needs it. Strictly non-commercial -- the forum doesn't make a profit and we don't think it should be used to make one either."

If equipment is offered at a price that's higher than the offeror paid, or if it was bought intending to resell it rather than use it, then the posting is for-profit and/or commercial and not acceptable.

The phrasing in the initial post was a bit troubling, but thanks for the PM providing further information. I've tweaked up the posting to more accurately reflect the situation.

Best regards and hope you find a buyer,
--Rik

[Edit to match revised posting]

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic