www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Hi. Dave W made me....
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Hi. Dave W made me....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Community Members and Friends
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aynia

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 2:53 am    Post subject: Hi. Dave W made me.... Reply with quote

DaveW on another very sleepy forum sent me a link to here. Not sure if you are all way too technical for me, but perhaps I'll learn a lot.

I'm from Wicklow, Ireland, have an Olympus E510, 35mm and 50mm macro lenses. No other special stuff. I don't do a lot of post processing because I find it very tedious. Much better to go out and try again than to try and fix a photo.

My mission for this Spring was to get some shots of ladybirds and their balls, but so far I've only seen two ladybirds and missed the shot because the cat was coming and distracted me. Got some last year but they weren't that good because the little critters took me by surprise. Read about it here http://magicsnowflakes.vox.com/library/post/ladybirds-and-their-balls.html

I quite like taking insect photos, even managed a couple of springtails - took me forever to figure out what they were. I'd had the horrors in case it was a tick.

Two of last years' photos

Some kind of lawn bee. Miner or something.

A nightshot with an LED lenser torch and no flash.
DaveW

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sunflower (I believe that is who you were on the other forum). You will at least find they get more than one post a month on this forum. They will certainly help you with any problems you have and suggest ways to improve things, and there is far more knowledge on this site than on any of the other macro sites I have found. Anyway glad you found your way here Aynia.

DaveW
Aynia

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep that's me Dave. I only realised I had a message yesterday and did actually reply or rather tried to ... message seemed to go in an outbox not sent box. So rather than trying to send it again, I thought I might as well join.

After all nothing to loose and plenty of knowelge to gain. Very Happy
lauriek
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! There is certainly a mass of knowledge on macro here, more than on any other forum I've found so far!

I'm also an Olympus shooter, I use an E330 and an old E1 at the moment, with various lenses including the 35mm macro..
Ken Ramos

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forums Aynia Very Happy I am sure you will enjoy it here and yes there are a number of knowledgeable people on this site ready to answer questions and help guide you along the way. Like the bee by the way. Very Happy
Danny
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the forum you mean and I got so frustrated on there trying to talk the admin into something we now have here. It just fell on deaf ears and for some reason, it was just a big joke. So thats exactly why this was started Aynia. After trying to make suggestions there, I just said to Tom at the time, lets start our own. The rest in history Laughing

Anyway, a huge late welcome Aynia Laughing

Danny.
Charles Krebs

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another welcome aboard!

Quote:
Not sure if you are all way too technical for me, but perhaps I'll learn a lot.
Great place here. You can be as basic or complicated as you wish Wink
Aynia

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys... Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Community Members and Friends All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: