Mosquito

Images of undisturbed subjects in their natural environment. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

gpmatthews

Mosquito

Post by gpmatthews »

One of my rare forays into macro - although maybe now I'm using the Powershot G9, I might be tempted to do a little more.

Canon Powershot G9
ISO200, F8, 1/50 sec
Uncropped image

Photographed today at my local nature reserve.
Graham

Though we lean upon the same balustrade, the colours of the mountain are different.

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

The G9 like the 7 takes some pretty good images there Graham. Though this has a pink or bluish tint, maybe a combination thereof, the depth of field is pretty good and the focus right where it should be. If the G9 is anything like the G7, try setting the "My Colors," to "neutral." You should get much better color and loose that tint, plus set the white balance to automatic or AWB. :D

The G7 & 9 are both excellent cameras and if you keep at it, you may find yourself doing a lot more macro than you might suppose. :D

gpmatthews

Post by gpmatthews »

Well spotted - I'd forgotten to reset the colour balance after using the G9 on the microscope. It was set to fluorescent!
Graham

Though we lean upon the same balustrade, the colours of the mountain are different.

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Graham replied:
It was set to fluorescent!
That will do it! :lol: Don't feel all alone, several of us do that from time to time. :D

lauriek

Post by lauriek »

Nice capture!

Those feathery antennae suggest to me some sort of midge rather than a mossie, could be wrong though!

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Yeah it does look like a midge. I never noticed the antennae but of course I was looking at the image itself as a whole. Good eye! :wink:

gpmatthews

Post by gpmatthews »

Yup, a midge I think - thanks
Graham

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic