www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Small lizard in Oregon forest
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Small lizard in Oregon forest

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Macro and Close-up Archives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rjlittlefield
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Small lizard in Oregon forest Reply with quote

This little fellow was living in deep shade in the forest, at the Natural Bridge area of the Rogue River near Prospect, Oregon.

I've lived my whole life in Washington state, and I'm always fascinated by how differently critters act in other places. The lizards I'm used to are flighty things -- you're lucky to get a good look at one, let alone a picture. But this little fellow stood stock still for a minute or more while I squizzled around for a good angle and a closer position. I know, it's nothing to compare with Mike Broderick's 2 hours (!) for his Chuckwalla photo, but still, it's a lot more than the second or two that I'm used to!

Body length about 5". I had to crop half the tail to get enough detail on the head -- tradeoffs, tradeoffs. Confused

--Rik

Natural light, Canon Digital Rebel, Sigma 18-125mm at 125, handheld 1/50 sec at f/9.0, ISO 400, crop to about 50% in width.
paul

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a lovely little fellow! They always seem to have a smile on their face. And this one has a fine catchlight in the eye, too.

There are some skinks around where I live, mostly I see them in the bills of the kingfishers. We also have some nocturnal geckos, but I have not encountered those yet.

Nice image, Rik, and nicely framed, like the pano format.
Ken Ramos

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have lizards somewhat similar around the house here. They are quite cooperative if you don't make any sudden or fast moves around them. Great shot! Very Happy
However, while there is grace where in all that I might live, while there is still breath in my being, while I may or may not accomplish anything more in life than to be living, I shall reflect upon the past, applying it to the present, for to possibly perceive to a near certainty, the outcome of the future.

Ken 2014
beetleman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They probably think you don`t see them. I wish we had some lizards up here in NH...not a one! Plenty of salamanders & snakes but no lizards Crying or Very sad Great photo Rik!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Macro and Close-up Archives All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: