www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Kind'a Pretty...
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Kind'a Pretty...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Macro and Close-up Archives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ken Ramos

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Kind'a Pretty... Reply with quote

EOS 20D
Manual mode
1/125 sec. @ f/11 ISO 100
Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM
Canon 430EX Speedlite ETTL @ -2/3, off camera w/Novoflex bracket

I have been noticing this littl group of white flowers every morning on my way in to the textile dying facility where I work. There are a number of flower gardens around the facility and the boss always likes to have things looking good, inside and out. The petals look sort of hot but they were a really bright white to begin with and not much surface texture was even visible to the naked eye as it were, though the day was overcast. Think The whole plant was maybe about 10 inches tall with the flowers around three quarters to one inch in diameter. Very Happy
rjlittlefield
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Kind'a Pretty... Reply with quote

Pretty flowers, Ken -- your boss has a nice attitude about flowers. Very Happy

Ken Ramos wrote:
The petals look sort of hot

Hhmm... I was thinking they looked a bit dark. Confused

I notice the image area has really nothing over 230.

On my monitor, it looks better level-adjusted to spread out 0-230 to 0-255 -- brightens up the whites a lot without making anything block up.

--Rik
Ken Ramos

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My eyes must be playing tricks on me, getting "old" I suppose but now I am seeing a bit more surface texture than I did before and you are right, they do seem a bit dark. I dunno...age Laughing

Thanks Rik Very Happy
Roy Patience

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ken,

This reminds me of the texture and color of magnolia blossoms. The texture makes me think of velvet. Great image!

I do agree it looks a little bit dark. I played with the levels in Photoshop and was able to lighten it without losing the texture in the white areas.

Isn't it interesting that the color of the pollen is different in different blossoms?

Roy
Ken Ramos

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Roy, it is a bit dark. My perception of light and dark always tends to lean towards the dark side for some reason, a habit I suppose, stemming from worry over blowing the whites. Think Pollen is something I rarely consider until my eyes start to water but you are right about the color difference. Very Happy

Thanks Roy Very Happy
beetleman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All in all, I like it very much. I agree on the whites. They are not too bad. I am really enjoying your flower photos ken. It is making me longing for warmer days.
Ken Ramos

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks as though our winter weather is "almost" over down here Doug. Don't worry, it will be up your way in the next month or so and then we will be complaining of the heat and mosquitos. Laughing

Thanks Doug Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Macro and Close-up Archives All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: