www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Show your faces!
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Show your faces!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Community Members and Friends
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cyclops

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres a new one of me, well, showing off my new unpatented homemade flash diffuser! (Its a padded envelope slipped onto the pop up flash!)

gardenersassistant

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There I was, on the pavement at the front of the garden, having excavated three quarters of the way under the tangled roots of a bush that had been topped, and I was stuck. Mrs G surveys the scene. "Why not," she says, "use water to clean away the soil so you can get at the bottom roots to cut through them". Seemed like a good idea.

Turns out that squirting water at high pressure into earth has interesting side effects, on people and equipment. Also quite interesting for passers-by and neighbours so it seems.

It took two days to get the telescopic-handled loppers working again after the mud had worked its way inside the handles and dried there.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gardenersassistant/

Rework and reposts of my images posted in this forum are always welcome, especially if they come with an explanation of what you did and how you did it.
Cyclops

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gardenersassistant wrote:
There I was, on the pavement at the front of the garden, having excavated three quarters of the way under the tangled roots of a bush that had been topped, and I was stuck. Mrs G surveys the scene. "Why not," she says, "use water to clean away the soil so you can get at the bottom roots to cut through them". Seemed like a good idea.

Turns out that squirting water at high pressure into earth has interesting side effects, on people and equipment. Also quite interesting for passers-by and neighbours so it seems.

It took two days to get the telescopic-handled loppers working again after the mud had worked its way inside the handles and dried there.

They do say a good gardener isnt afraid of getting his hands dirty!
Of course thats not true-I love getting my hands dirty but my garden is a real mess! Wink
sonyalpha

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also in a garden........

Last year Disney recognised me as the English Geppetto (I am a toy maker), I feature on the Platinum anniversary edition of Pinocchio:

Pretty well fully retired now............hence my new hobby of photography and macro photography:

Have to do something to keep the old brain cells functioning: Wink

sonyalpha

Fairly new to photography........keen to learn:
Cyclops

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyril that is fantastic! I loved Pinocchio as a kid,been ages since I saw it! (There was a modern made for TV version on recently,not a patch on the Disney)
Harold Gough

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyclops wrote:
Cyril that is fantastic! I loved Pinocchio as a kid,been ages since I saw it! (There was a modern made for TV version on recently,not a patch on the Disney)
Liar ? Laughing (Just kidding).

Harold
Cyclops

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Showing my true form....

sonyalpha

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!

A Cyclopsis arachna variafocal macronit...............I haven't seen one of these for ages: Very Happy

Good to see you Cyclops:

sonyalpha

Fairly new to photography........keen to learn:
Cyclops

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grabbed with my phone and played about a little with the phone's software (PicSay)

Cyclops

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me testing out a new flash bracket

Cyclops

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and the bracket itself (ball and socket head is an old one I have)

yeatzee

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How have I missed this? Smile

Strength by yeatzee (now 17, but still learning), on Flickr

Foggy night + camera = epic photograph Wink

Here's a more revealing and rather funny picture my friend Norman took while I was talking..... My Hansel impression from zoolander?

NikonUser

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of you who have not yet been "chosen" you may not be aware of the great awards for being "chosen".
"Chosen" refers to the Administrators Appreciation Awards - 2 per month.
I just received my 2nd award - a Coffee Mug; for an earlier award I chose a Ball Cap.
Just need the Polo Shirt and the T-shirt, perhaps the Tote Bag and I will have a full outfit Very Happy

” I suppose you are an entomologist ? “
” Not quite so ambitious as that, sir. I should like to put my eyes on the individual entitled to that name.
No man can be truly called an entomologist,
sir; the subject is too vast for any single human intelligence to grasp.”
Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr
The Poet at the Breakfast Table.

Nikon camera, lenses and objectives
Olympus microscope and objectives
Lothar-Gutjahr

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

after sticking in the archive of yours more than a year it´s time to get off that sleepingstatus and get a little more activ.

Lived on diferent places in this world, the foto is typically greek (9 years). But also i digged for wood and climbed for water spending 5 years in the Lonestar State.
I hope i´l find anough time to spend among this nice crew here. My interests are Micro-and Macro fotos, stacking as well and building equipment there for.
Please exquse my lousy english, which i must recover from old drawers; before having had a stroke 8 years ago.
the last fiew month i did spend a lot of time in the german Mikroskopie-Forum where i got kicked out this morning by the new admin not liking me at all.

I am getting 73 in Juli and having been in leading positions my life long and for that i am not so flexible anymore to lissen to everyones advice, grin. Also working as admin and mod for more than 10 years in water and electronics, is a reason i look a little more behind things reading posts.
But i´l try to do my verry best in cooperating with everyone.

Greetings from Bavaria Germany !

Lothar
shaneoid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello from Newcastle UK, this is me outside the TARDIS and it says all you need to know about me, I'm your standard nerd. I've only recently got in to Macro Photography so I'd be keen to learn some tips and where's good to find some exotic bugs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Community Members and Friends All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: