Frontonia sp.

Images made through a microscope. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Charles Krebs

Frontonia sp.

Post by Charles Krebs »

Got a pretty nice look at a Frontonia last night (I think this is Frontonia acuminata). The extrusomes (around the periphery in this image) are clearly seen. If you look inside you can see a few diatoms and a Trachelomonas lorica.

Mike

Post by Mike »

Hello Charlie,

It seems you have hit a real prolific spell! Please, please keep them coming - your shots have already been praised from the technical standpoint and I agree, but the other aspect is the 'staging' if you will in how you pose the subjects.

Nothing beats being an artist to make it look easy when we all know (darn it!) how hard it is to do.

How is the book coming? If you don't have a publisher yet you really need to get one, as I can't imagine your shots not only being well recieved in the scientific community, but in the broader general interest community as well due to the quality of the shots as well as the artistic aspects - there is a real beauty in most of this work.

All the best,
Mike (AKA Charlie wannabee)
"Nil satis nisi optimum"

Charles Krebs

Post by Charles Krebs »

Hi Mike... thanks for the nice words.
It seems you have hit a real prolific spell! Please, please keep them coming -
Well, I have been able to spend some time on the microscope lately. I do feel a little uncomfortable posting so many shots, since the activity here has been a little slow this summer.

But until Tom, Ken and Sue kick me out for over-doing it ..... :wink:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic