A Yellow Crab Spider

Earlier images, not yet re-categorized. All subject types. Not for new images.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

jaharris1001

A Yellow Crab Spider

Post by jaharris1001 »

it was rather windy today and this little fella was blowin around quite a bit, I havent seen that many Yellow Crab spiders here, this was somewhat of a treat :wink:

Jim

"I'm growing older,, but not up " Jimmy Buffett

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Seems I read somewhere that Crab spiders, like some lizards and frogs, can change color to match their surroundings. Insects and spiders have not made much, if any, of an appearance around here just yet. I know that the spiders are lying in wait. :lol: However I did spot my first Carolina Anole out sunning itself on an old tire out back of the house. Nice colorful shots here Jim, well done, especially the last one. :D

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Very nice! For a small spider on a windy day, these are keepers for sure.

I agree with Ken, that last one is a treat! Something about the composition and sharpness and background, just fits together great. :D

--Rik

jaharris1001

Post by jaharris1001 »

Thanks Ken and rj,, Ken, I wasnt aware that these spiders had that ability to change colors like that, thats very interesting :wink: it seems that every week is getting a little bit better down here in Florida,, the rest of the nation will be coming around soon,, spring is coming :D
Jim

Danny

Post by Danny »

Aww heck yeah, that last shot is bang on, although I like the comp of the first. Nice shooting again Jim. Your work is great to see.

All the best and yep, very nice :wink:

Danny.
Worry about the image that comes out of the box, rather than the box itself.

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

Very Nice Jim. He looks like he is ready to find some food for the day. His table is all set. :wink:
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

jaharris1001

Post by jaharris1001 »

Thanks alot Danny and Doug,, yes,, this guy was waiting for a meal,, there was a little fly flying around, I thought he and I both were gonna get lucky :D Thanks for commenting guys :wink:
Jim

Roy Patience

Post by Roy Patience »

Jim,

The third one is my favorite, I like the sharpness of the spider contrasting against the soft background. The structure of the center of the flower is one of my favorite subjects. I hope my Gazannias start blooming soon – they attract the bees.

I grew up not far from Deltona in Crescent City.

Roy

Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

Fabulous looking spider, will have to look out for some when spring gerts here(its sunny but bitterly cold today)
Canon 5D and 30D | Canon IXUS 265HS | Cosina 100mm f3.5 macro | EF 75-300 f4.5-5.6 USM III | EF 50 f1.8 II | Slik 88 tripod | Apex Practicioner monocular microscope

jaharris1001

Post by jaharris1001 »

Roy Patience wrote:Jim,

The third one is my favorite, I like the sharpness of the spider contrasting against the soft background. The structure of the center of the flower is one of my favorite subjects. I hope my Gazannias start blooming soon – they attract the bees.

I grew up not far from Deltona in Crescent City.

Roy
Thanks Roy, the third is also my favorite too,, I know where Crescent City is,, quite a change out there where you are now in California huh :wink:
Jim

jaharris1001

Post by jaharris1001 »

Cyclops wrote:Fabulous looking spider, will have to look out for some when spring gerts here(its sunny but bitterly cold today)
Thanks for commenting :wink: I love these little guys, how they hold the attack pose for so long,, very cool looking predators,, hope it warms up there soon for ya 8)
Jim

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic