Monarch Butterfly-Newbie post

Earlier images, not yet re-categorized. All subject types. Not for new images.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Regan Harper

Post by Regan Harper »

Rik, you are so right. :? After I posted it I saw the label on the board above the butterfly and crysallis and realized it was upside down.

I get better at my posts soon I hope :lol:
Regan Harper

Danny

Post by Danny »

Do you shoot your pics in the 640x480 size and resolution or do you reduce them for publishing on the web?

Do you know where I can find a +3 dioptre for my camera? Or who would carry them?
All out of the Panasonic FZ10 and resized for the web. I never crop them, just an old habit. So shoot as a high a resolution as you can with the camera and only reduce the image for the web. Always keep the original untouched somewhere on your drive.

Best thing you could there Regan, is to take your camera with you to a photographic store and say, "hey, you, gimme a +3 dioptre for my camera...................NOW" 8) :lol: :wink: Naaa, they will know what you are after. I would start off with a cheap one first and get used to that and see if it suits what you want. If you get serious about it, then its time to look for a more expensive twin element design. There is a difference. But start with an inexpensive one first.

I imagine most photographic stores are the same up your way, so they should know exactly what you are after. If you get stuck without one, let me know and we might find another way around it.

All the best and just keep posting and watch these folks here. They are amazing and helpful :D

Danny.
Worry about the image that comes out of the box, rather than the box itself.

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Regan, try Ball Photo in Asheville, on Tunnel Road at the Insbrook Mall, Shopping Center on the left going up from the Asheville Mall. They carry Hoya diopters, about $25 to $30 bucks a set. You may need an adapter though for your camera though if it is fixed lens. :D

Regan Harper

Post by Regan Harper »

Thanks Danny and Ken, :) I will be in Asheville on Monday and maybe they will have one. :D
I do always keep the original photo. Do you let the photo uploader reduce the resolution or do you use other software?
Regan Harper

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Always best to reduce it yourself. There are no controls on the upload software, and if you don't like what it did, there's not even any way to delete the bad image. If the file is smaller than 800x800 and 200 KB, then the upload software just makes a bit-for-bit copy, no changes at all so you can be sure what you're going to get.

--Rik

Danny

Post by Danny »

Ball Photo in Asheville, on Tunnel Road at the Insbrook Mall, Shopping Center
Thanks Ken, thats exactly where I was going to suggest 8) 8) 8) . I can go there and pick one up................as long as Ken pays for the flight :wink:

Danny.
Worry about the image that comes out of the box, rather than the box itself.

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Well that would be no problem Danny, just that Harrison Ford borrowed my DC-3 with the twin Wasp engines for the up coming movie, so you may have to wait a bit. :roll:

God's gonna get me for telling that, I bet... 8-[

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic