The International Space Station

Lets get to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Mike B in OKlahoma

The International Space Station

Post by Mike B in OKlahoma »

For awhile yesterday and this morning, the International Space Station and the Space Shuttle had separated, but were flying along next to each other in close formation. I'd hoped to photograph that when they passed over Oklahoma City this evening. Alas, the Shuttle had begun maneuvers in preparation for landing tomorrow, so when I saw them, they moved along in (as near as I could see) the same orbit, but about a minute apart. I made a casual attempt to photograph them, and this is my best effort....This is the International Space Station! I don't think NASA will be contacting me for permission to use this photo, though! :wink:

This was with an EOS 40D and a 100-400L lens at 400mm. This is a 100% crop. It was at ISO 3200, thus all the noise....

And this is what the space station really looks like:

http://www.our-picks.com/wp-content/upl ... tation.jpg
Mike Broderick
Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Constructive critiques of my pictures, and reposts in this forum for purposes of critique are welcome

"I must obey the inscrutable exhortations of my soul....My mandate includes weird bugs."
--Calvin

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Well we will give you an "E" for effort Mike, much more than I would have done. Now if you can just bag the missile/satellite shot. :wink:

Carl_Constantine

Post by Carl_Constantine »

Ken Ramos wrote:Well we will give you an "E" for effort Mike, much more than I would have done. Now if you can just bag the missile/satellite shot. :wink:
That would definitely be cool. But I agree with Ken, well done on the shot Mike, I know I couldn't do it.
Carl B. Constantine

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic