Column, bellows and microscope....

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

RobertoM

Column, bellows and microscope....

Post by RobertoM »

I see many of you, use a column (millimeter) on a wood table where put the reflex and the bellows on the microscope.
I see Charles Krebs set-up.
What do you use for this?
I think a column for reproduction or a old column for print the photo.
Excuse me, for the title but I don't know english word for explain...
Where I can buy this column?
I find many table for reproductions but I don't know is good for my job.
Thanks in advance
Roberto.

Epidic

Post by Epidic »

You can use an enlarger column, but not all enlargers are easy to convert. some Saunders LPL models and be easily converted. There are columns made for copy work too.

I am not sure where you live, but photo retailers may carry this equipment. In the US, places like B&H Photo have this equipment. You can look on auction sites like ebay for secondhand ones.
Will

puzzledpaul

Post by puzzledpaul »

Will's suggestion re checking Ebay (or similar) is good, as these items are still getting dumped, as people convert to digital.

In my situation (because I have such things lying around) I'd also consider using the base + pillar of an old pillar drilling machine ... if the convenience / sizes were appropriate :)

pp

augusthouse

Post by augusthouse »

Hi RobertoM,
If you search 'eBay.com' for 'copy stand' you will begin to see a few options. There is a good Nikon PF-3 available in the UK at the moment which is a bit closer to home for you. item
#190190171521.

Another option, would be to use a 'Proxxon' drilling table. This can be placed under the camera or under the subject for 'stacking' depending on the requirements of the shot. These are also available in Europe. See Wim's setup at the link below as an example.

http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/v ... php?t=3895

Craig

RobertoM

Post by RobertoM »

Thanks a lot.
I have the Proxxon drilling table.
I see the copy stand, it's very good for me.
I try to find the "copy stand" in Italy, but if I don't find, buy from Ebay in UK.
Thanks very much, you help me always and is not easy for me explain and you understand me.
Roberto.

augusthouse

Post by augusthouse »

Bogen/Manfrotto (Made in Italy) also have a range of suitable items.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic