Pb with retouching tool - Zerene Stacker

A forum to ask questions, post setups, and generally discuss anything having to do with photomacrography and photomicroscopy.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Fredlab

Pb with retouching tool - Zerene Stacker

Post by Fredlab »

Hello

I have a big problem with my new version of Zerene Stacker (v 1,04 - for MacOS). When i want to retouch, i can't see the circle of the tool.
I don't know why...
(tool larger than image ?)

Is there a trick to reset the size of the tool ?

Many thanks for your help.
I apologise for my poor english
My blog (Macro Micro World)
My gallery

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

Try "[" and "]" ? Might get you going..

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Re: Pb with retouching tool - Zerene Stacker

Post by rjlittlefield »

Fredlab wrote:tool larger than image ?
Yes, exactly.

Your problem is that the retouching brush has gotten to be insanely large, so it completely surrounds the image and you can't see it. The brush size setting sticks from one launch to the next, so once the brush disappears, it'll stay gone until you explicitly fix the problem.

To get the retouching brush back again, you can do either of two things:

1. In retouching mode, press the [ key (left square bracket) a bunch of times, or just hold it down, as necessary to shrink the brush back to sanity. It takes 8 keystrokes per factor of 2, about 27 per factor of 10, so in the worst case this could take quite a while. Spinning the mousewheel down will do the trick too. (Spinning it up was probably what caused the problem in the first place.)

2. With Zerene Stacker not running, locate your ZereneStacker configuration folder, as described HERE. All configuration parameters are stored in a file named zerenstk.cfg . You can edit that file with any text editor. The offending parameter is RetouchingBrush.Width . It should have some reasonable value in pixels, but probably it has some insane value like 389679.38 or even 1.234e17 . Whatever it is, you can just delete that line and you'll have your brush back.

For what it's worth, the next release of Zerene Stacker will fix this problem automatically. I apologize for the difficulty.

--Rik

Fredlab

Re: Pb with retouching tool - Zerene Stacker

Post by Fredlab »

Hello
rjlittlefield wrote:2. With Zerene Stacker not running, locate your ZereneStacker configuration folder, as described HERE. All configuration parameters are stored in a file named zerenstk.cfg . You can edit that file with any text editor. The offending parameter is RetouchingBrush.Width . It should have some reasonable value in pixels, but probably it has some insane value like 389679.38 or even 1.234e17 . Whatever it is, you can just delete that line and you'll have your brush back.
I found this file (not so easy with MacOS 10.7) and "RetouchingBrush.With" was "infinity" (wow...)
So i fix it.

Many thanks
rjlittlefield wrote:For what it's worth, the next release of Zerene Stacker will fix this problem automatically. I apologize for the difficulty.
You rock with this soft.
My gallery

daemonoropsis

Post by daemonoropsis »

Side note: is there any way to change the default brush size keyboard shortcut from the bracket keys as danish keyboards (and probably several other european keybaords) dont have these keys at all?

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

There is not. I had assumed without thinking that all keyboards would have the punctuation keys. I've added this to the list of future enhancements.

Thanks for letting me know about this problem.

--Rik

Fredlab

Post by Fredlab »

Hello

Mac Keyboard have no direct key for [
Simply ( -
this key is not active.

I change the size with the ball of the mighty mouse.

May i suggest you to add a cropping tool in a next version ?
(and icon bar for some actions or tools...)
My gallery

Roy Patience

Post by Roy Patience »

Rik,

Thanks for posting the solution, I was having the same problem and was lost.

Roy

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

There's a new beta up that will take care of this automatically. It resets the brush width at start of retouching if it's greater than half the image size.

Downloadable from http://zerenesystems.com/cms/stacker/so ... urrentbeta .

--Rik

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic