WTB Mitutoyo M Plan APO 20X 0.42

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

jurkovicovic

WTB Mitutoyo M Plan APO 20X 0.42

Post by jurkovicovic »

Hi all,
I´m looking for Mitutoyo M plan apo 20x 0.42.
If you have good, unused sample for sale, let me know via PM.
Thanks
Filip
canon EOS *

tomek770101

Post by tomek770101 »

also you can search for Nikon TU Plan in Elwd version. They are supposedly as good as Mitty. They are often on ebau at a good price.

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

Is the TU advertised as Apo? Nikon ELWD lenses often have purple color fringing problems.

tomek770101

Post by tomek770101 »

Lou Jost wrote:Is the TU advertised as Apo? Nikon ELWD lenses often have purple color fringing problems.
TU Plan ELWD is the latest version with the Phase Fresnel lens. It's semi-apo. Someone used to compare them here and there was no difference. Only... Older CF and LU versions had colorful aberrations.

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

Thanks, I hadn't known about fresnel lenses in microscope objectives.

Macrero

Post by Macrero »

TU Plans are Fluor (semi-apo) objectives. They are not APO corrected, but pretty close. I would not be concerned about CA. But bear in mind that image circle/coverage is smaller than the one of the Mitty 20. At around nominal M it would be ok on APS-C, but Mitty 20 can be used down to nearly 10X with more than acceptable coverage, you can't do that with any Nikon objective, not even close.

- Macrero
https://500px.com/macrero - Amateurs worry about equipment, Pros worry about money, Masters worry about Light

JohnyM

Post by JohnyM »

All i can say from my experience, is that TU Plan Fluors and Plans are excellent corner-corner on APS-C sensor when microscope mounted. Vignettes heavily on anything bigger (which is for sure caused by microscope itself).
Also BD version is one of biggest microscope objective one can get...

Macro_Cosmos

Post by Macro_Cosmos »

What was the condition of the Mit 20x it was being compared to? Was it bought new or as a second hand surplus item pulled from questionable equipment?

If it's the latter, I would take the comparison with a grain of salt.

Pawel

Post by Pawel »

I have a new for sale: TU 20x ELWD

price in EO: 1950,
https://www.edmundoptics.eu/p/20x-nikon ... obj/15371/

my price 1200. - without taxes in EU ;-)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic