Microscope Head - Exchange.

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Pawel

Microscope Head - Exchange.

Post by Pawel »

Hi All!
I have a Nikon NI-U microscope with an ergonomic head (C-TE2) + DSC Port (C-TEP2) (photo).
However, I would like to exchange it for a typical photohead (type F)

I am looking for a head in the nikon catalog as C-TF. It is much cheaper than the one I have. Maybe someone would like to exchange? We will definitely get along!

JohnyM

Post by JohnyM »

Photoport coverage not too big, eh?

Pawel

Post by Pawel »

Yes, it's small - only C-Mount. light 50:50 not 100% ;-(

Perl

Post by Perl »

Look plastic ? :D
****** Seeing is Believing ******

Photomicro

Post by Photomicro »

This is for infinity systems, so presumably, a type F head for 160 tube optics, such as the Optiphot and Labophot series is not suitable.

As a general question, perhaps someone can clarify where the telans optics or tube lens, whatever you wish to call it, is located in the Nikon infinity systems.
regards, Mike.

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like bananas.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/66189529@N08/

Perl

Post by Perl »

looking cheep
****** Seeing is Believing ******

Pawel

Post by Pawel »

Photomicro wrote:This is for infinity systems, so presumably, a type F head for 160 tube optics, such as the Optiphot and Labophot series is not suitable.

As a general question, perhaps someone can clarify where the telans optics or tube lens, whatever you wish to call it, is located in the Nikon infinity systems.

Pawel

Post by Pawel »

Perl wrote:looking cheep
?????

maybe it looks cheap and plastic but the cost of new is around 1900usd - ONLY head without .... DSC Port and eyepieces

Photomicro

Post by Photomicro »

Pawel wrote:
Photomicro wrote:This is for infinity systems, so presumably, a type F head for 160 tube optics, such as the Optiphot and Labophot series is not suitable.

Thanks, that answers my question nicely!

At meetings here (UK) a guy has a few binocular heads from the Eclipse series (I assume) and I drool at the lovely CFI wide field (22) eyepieces, and wonder if it would fit my Optiphot or Labophot 2. I now know it won't.

I should explain the real interest to me...I have a Y-ISA polariser unit, but the dovetail is just *slightly* different. from my stands. I reckon 2mm diameter more than mine. This is of course at both 'ends'. So, I wondered, if I bought a modern head, and somehow got the Y-ISA to fit my stand, this was a half-way solution to being able to use the polariser.

Oh well, thanks Pavel.
regards, Mike.

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like bananas.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/66189529@N08/

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic