Where I Work...

Images made through a microscope. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Ken Ramos

Where I Work...

Post by Ken Ramos »

I have made similiar posts over in the Macro Forums where I have taken photographs during my lunch break at work, of the various things I find around a very large field and a small patch of woods out back of the plant. Well we have a drainage line running from the plant, more than likely from the large boiler used to supply steam and heat for the dying and drying of cloth. Anyway there are small areas of run off from the drain that have spawned a new place for me to gather samples of algae, diatoms, and other forms of microscopic critters. Seems as though not only am I fortunate to have a place of employment but a place which holds and provides a diversity of life itself. :D

The samples of water I gathered today at work, held an abundance of algae and diatoms. Many times I have been told that I should get a life :shock: , well, from the looks of those that are supposed to have one... :-k I'll pass and be content to having a relaxing, quiet evening; peering through the lenses of my scope and enjoying a show that only nature can provide. :wink:

James Sutherland

Post by James Sutherland »

Yes, it's hard to beat the "world of little." Keep up with the Good Life and thanks for sharing your great images as well as your thoughts and experiences. There are other questionable critters that need support as well! :D
Aloha, Jim
Keep looking down...and think small!

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Thanks James :D A number of places hold life where we would not think of finding it. All it takes is a little looking around and knowing a little bit about what you are or maybe looking for. :D

jmlphoto

Post by jmlphoto »

hey lookin for stuff like this is a life. i see nothing wrong with it. great photos
Jordan L. photo southern california.

Wim van Egmond

Post by Wim van Egmond »

This is what it is all about, beautiful tranquile images, a diatom that slowly glides through your field of view. Sometimes microscopy has become a bit too much like microbe hunting. Now and than you have just sit down and watch. O.k. o.k. take a picture now and than. :-) But it is also good sometimes not to take pictures and just enjoy the view. And that is why this forum is so nice. You don't have to take pictures, just let other take them and look. :)

Wim

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Thanks Jordan and Wim. Yes it is nice just to sit and look, so much to see and so little time, whether one is shooting macro or micro, it is an ever changing and challenging world. :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic