Ebay Sellers Read This Use Caution Selling On Ebay

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

RobertOToole

Post by RobertOToole »

Update

Today I made an attempt to obtain a police report that would enable me to receive a credit from Ebay for the loss of a claim made against me by a buyer.

My local police said its impossible to make a report so this is dead end.

Called the city police, the LAPD computer crimes division, they told me that making a report is impossible since its a business dispute and that I should make a charge back with Paypal.

They also said that Ebay tells people to file a report very often as a way to discourage them since they know its not really possible.

LAPD computer crimes div. says they have seen lots of issues with Ebay that in turn causes them problems so they don't recommend to use them.

Robert

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

Wow, that takes the cake. This means eBay is deliberately evil and not just incompetent/ chaotic.

Yawns

Post by Yawns »

this may sound like an anecdote but it's the truth ..

I use my work address to receive everything, never my home .. I work in a criminal court but I'm just an official (clerk???) ... however I make them believe that I am a judge or public prosecutor .. in the hope that they think twice before they failed with deliveries .. put them to think they have to deal with the wrong people ... :) .. so far never had a failed delivery or a significant delay... so I believe it works... or until I stop to have luck... :)
YAWNS _ (Y)et (A)nother (W)onderful (N)ewbie (S)hooting

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

I don't see PP or Amex covering this, unfortunately.

They cover you for the payment for goods you don't get.
You didn't actually buy anything with either.

PP may not have a mechanism to re-take money from the guy who's got his back,
and it's the same perhaps for Amex.
I'd bet they say it's not covered.

It's a bit late, but can you encourage the USPS to ask delivery person to remember what he did that day?

The returner should have insured the parcel, especially if ebay didn't supply the return shipment warrant. But then if USPS lie...
Chris R

Saul

Post by Saul »

ChrisR wrote:...PP may not have a mechanism to re-take money from the guy who's got his back...
Chris, you sound optimistic :) They do have all mechanisms to cover their butts for one thing - in any case do not lose ANY money ! And poor seller is the first in the line. And if there is no mechanism - comes ugly ruddiness of the support team.
Bottom line:
#1 - Paypal is always right
#2 - if Paypal is not right, take a look to the line #1

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

I ONCE sold something where the seller was stupid, and ebay paid us both.
Sometimes pigs fly.
Fingers & thumbs crossed..
Chris R

RobertOToole

Post by RobertOToole »

Wanted to share this conversation that I had with Ebay customer service yesterday in regards to an appeal of my case.

A Ebay rep says that the tracking info shows that a package was delivered.

A couple of hours later another rep says that the tracking info shows that no package was delivered.

Now comes the best part, the appeal is still being denied even though customer service now admits there is no proof of delivery.

zzffnn

Post by zzffnn »

Robert,

Ask your post office manager to try to find it for you. Leave him/her phone number. Too bad your local police officers wouldn't help you, mine helped me on the same day I called and was very helpful and professional. I hope you are luckier with eBay; but in my experience, they did nothing more than wasting my time and money.

RobertOToole

Post by RobertOToole »

zzffnn wrote:Robert,

Ask your post office manager to try to find it for you. Leave him/her phone number. Too bad your local police officers wouldn't help you, mine helped me on the same day I called and was very helpful and professional. I hope you are luckier with eBay; but in my experience, they did nothing more than wasting my time and money.
My local city police have helped me in the past but I this case the officer was not so helpful but I think I can get assistance in the future if I need them.

Good advice on the post office. I did that and talked to someone I know at the my local post office, they knew the manager at the main post office so they told me to speak with the manager and tell them to try again, so I went and talked with that person.

It worked. After 20 minutes they found the missing box.:shock:

Robert

Adalbert

Post by Adalbert »

You were lucky :-)

RobertOToole

Post by RobertOToole »

Good news.

My case has been finally been resolved.

The package was finally found at my local post office last week after 30 days of being lost. So the 50x is back with me.

Got this in my Paypal inbox today, (I blurred the amount) with no notice whatsoever about the refund from Ebay.

So I have the item back and received a full but secret refund.

:shock:

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

Perhaps that's why Amazon post a thimble to you in a box big enough to climb inside - they're harder to "lose".
Chris R

RobertOToole

Post by RobertOToole »

ChrisR wrote:Perhaps that's why Amazon post a thimble to you in a box big enough to climb inside - they're harder to "lose".
I'll make sure to use Amazon's brilliant strategy next time I post a box to the UK :D

zzffnn

Post by zzffnn »

Good to hear, Robert.

So eBay all the sudden changed their mind and refunded you in full, without you doing anything? That sounds odd.

RobertOToole

Post by RobertOToole »

zzffnn wrote:Good to hear, Robert.

So eBay all the sudden changed their mind and refunded you in full, without you doing anything? That sounds odd.

Knowing how Ebay handled this case maybe its a mistake?

I wouldn't be surprised to see a Balance due notice for the refund in my inbox honestly.

Robert

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic