Cone Flower

Images of undisturbed subjects in their natural environment. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

BCarolan

Cone Flower

Post by BCarolan »

Greetings - I am new to the site and this is my first post. Judging from what I’ve seen I am in no where near the league that others are in, but here goes. Feel free to provide any insight. Image
Brian P. Carolan

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

Welcome! This and the other pictures you posted here are very nice. This one in particular is an interesting view. But they all suffer from graininess or blurring that obscures the detail. Perhaps you are using a very high ISO and/or very closed aperture to get more depth of field? And/or a very small sensor? To me, this one would have looked much nicer without the blur/grain. As you probably know, if you close down the aperture too much, diffraction makes everything blurry, and maybe that is what is happening here.

BCarolan

Post by BCarolan »

Thanks, Lou. Again, I have a feel No that many here will be far beyond my skill level, and I am not ashamed say I will have to read up on what you wrote. Plus, I’ll have to check the Exif data. I am relatively new to photography even newer to macro work.
Brian P. Carolan

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

Nothing to be ashamed of, we all started from zero. Basic photography is easy to learn. One additional topic, which is often overlooked in general photography, is the effect of aperture on diffraction blurring. Many general photography lessons leave that out, but it is important for macro photography. There is a lot on this site about that.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic