50X and nikon Z7

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

uncleY

50X and nikon Z7

Post by uncleY »

why the small pic is not good in PM
I pool English,sorry to some time

nanometer

Post by nanometer »

Wonderfully done! If they are taken with flash, do you have to use the mechanical shutter or does it work with fully electronic shutter?

uncleY

Post by uncleY »

NIKON Z7 and SONY A7R2 both electronic shutter

JH

Post by JH »

Nice pictures - my favorites are 9 and 10.

Best regards
Jörgen Hellberg
Jörgen Hellberg, my webbsite www.hellberg.photo

mawyatt

Post by mawyatt »

Uncle,

Very nice images!!!

I've got a Z7 but haven't been able to use it because I'm in the middle of developing a Precision ZYX Stack & Stitch system.

The Totally Silent EFCS (no front nor rear mechanical curtain, only electronic) on the D850 doesn't allow hot shoe flash triggering, it blocks the shoe. Others have indicated the same for Canon, Sony and other EFCS cameras.

We have a way around this by creating a separate delayed trigger for the flash/strobe, this delayed flash trigger is started with the same signal that triggers the camera fro the stacking controller. A small delay can put the flash burst in the middle or near the end of the exposure.

What is your experience with the new Z7?

Best,
Research is like a treasure hunt, you don't know where to look or what you'll find!
~Mike

uncleY

Post by uncleY »

mawyatt wrote:Uncle,

Very nice images!!!

I've got a Z7 but haven't been able to use it because I'm in the middle of developing a Precision ZYX Stack & Stitch system.

The Totally Silent EFCS (no front nor rear mechanical curtain, only electronic) on the D850 doesn't allow hot shoe flash triggering, it blocks the shoe. Others have indicated the same for Canon, Sony and other EFCS cameras.

We have a way around this by creating a separate delayed trigger for the flash/strobe, this delayed flash trigger is started with the same signal that triggers the camera fro the stacking controller. A small delay can put the flash burst in the middle or near the end of the exposure.

What is your experience with the new Z7?

Best,
Nikon z7 is provided by a media assessment agency and uses it for about 10 days. I turned off all settings, kept the exposure delay for 0.2 seconds, and shot with three AD200 flashes. I also have a SONY A7R2 camera, and Nikon had a better performance on the red butterfly scale details. The overall use feels very satisfactory, considering that the objective lens limits the upper limit of the resolution, perhaps the Z6 will perform equally well at 10 times or more.
I studied micro Since March 18, I have seen a lot of texts from you and several other teachers. I am very grateful for your selflessness. I also strive to promote this technology.

uncleY

Post by uncleY »

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic