Another 105mm Printing-Nikkor, with issues

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

ray_parkhurst

Another 105mm Printing-Nikkor, with issues

Post by ray_parkhurst »

I have a 105mm Printing-Nikkor that has a few issues which reduce its value considerably, but perhaps not its utility. This lens has the following issues:

- Small amount of inactive fungus in the balsam between 1st and second elements of front group.

- Aperture actuating screw has been replaced with a chrome hex cap screw. Aperture works perfectly but the screw is not original

- Front trim ring is distorted. It can be removed easily by hand, but filters probably won't screw on properly.

- The M45 threads below the trim ring are also a bit damaged, but M45 adapters screw on properly, so the damage is superficial

- An inventory sticker is still attached. My experience with these is they are removable with a lot of manual work and alcohol. Very tough glue that stays with the lens.

- A few cosmetic dings and scrapes, but nothing major except the trim ring

This lens is serial number 402 out of approx 2000 made. It is the later "A" version, so serial number is 500402. The earlier versions started with 323 I believe.

I'm asking $600 for the lens, or best offer if it does not sell.\

Edited to add: the fungus is only at the periphery of the elements, and would likely be out of the light path at a slightly reduced aperture.

ray_parkhurst

Post by ray_parkhurst »

Have not received much notice of this lens, so I will drop the price to $500.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic