www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Wemacro Customer Support
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Wemacro Customer Support

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Equipment Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deanimator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:16 am    Post subject: Wemacro Customer Support Reply with quote

I got my replacement Wemacro control box this weekend.

It certainly does appear to be able to communicate much better over bluetooth.

I definitely have to praise William and Wemacro for their fine customer service.
TheDocAUS

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found William to be very helpful when asking questions about the objectives he stocks.

I now have the 5x and 10x objectives, but when I asked about 20x and 50x he was on the opinion they were not good enough and he did not stock them. I am talking about the Mitutoyo clones: https://www.wemacro.com/?product=10x-infinity-m-plan-apo-objective-lens-longworking-distance
hero

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to derail the thread, but I've seen some comparisons of the clone versus the genuine Mitutoyo 5x here:
http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34899

But I don't recall seeing one for the 10x version. Does anyone know how they stack up (no pun intended)? I would like to get a Mitutoyo but I can't justify the new price or the risk when buying used. I'll also need a tube lens setup.
TheDocAUS

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the WeMacro 10x objective (clone), but I am just completing my overall setup. So no images in the short term.

It is well made objective, heavy and well finished. It is not a cheap clone in terms of manufacture, but performance counts more. I will post images in due course, but I need to get my technique right, before I do that.

About one third taller than the WeMacro 5x objective.
mawyatt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm the one that did the Wemacro lens tests on the other thread. They are quite good considering the cost IMO, but not as good as the benchmark Mitutoyos. Think they are a better choice for APC type sensors.

Certainly worth considering if budget is a factor.

Make sure you have a good stable setup at these magnifications, everything (vibration) can effect your images. Also, if you use extensions (tubes) be sure they a flocked internally properly, this will also degrade IQ.

Best,
RobertOToole

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDocAUS wrote:
I have found William to be very helpful when asking questions about the objectives he stocks.

I now have the 5x and 10x objectives, but when I asked about 20x and 50x he was on the opinion they were not good enough and he did not stock them. I am talking about the Mitutoyo clones: https://www.wemacro.com/?product=10x-infinity-m-plan-apo-objective-lens-longworking-distance

For the same price, $399, you can find good Mitutoyo M Plans or BD Plans, even less sometimes.

If you can't find a Mitutoyo for $399 or less, PM me, I have lots of extras. Very Happy

Robert
TheDocAUS

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Robert

I will buy a 5x Mitutoyo in due course. I can source them new for about USD420 plus postage. Only found that source a few days ago. I have a lot to learn before I pay even more.

I am testing my new field macro kit at present, a Panasonic G9 using Post Focus with a Olympus 60mm macro. You can even add a Raynox 150 and 250 to the Oly and Post Focus still works. Post Focus slows down slightly and the image loses sharpness with the Raynoxs, but it does work. The 150 better than the 250 on preliminary tests, in poor light. If it works in poor light great light should not be an issue.

Now updating my workflow to get the 6K video clip into Helicon Focus. You need the latest version of Helicon to get that to work. I have minor movement and I need to track that down - it does not affect the image much, just some minor artefacts along the bottom.

The G9 takes about 2 seconds to take the video. 1 second to find the AF points and then 1 second to take the video. It gives me a 53meg stack with good quality.
dolmadis

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDocAUS wrote:
I can source them new for about USD420 plus postage. Only found that source a few days ago.

Shareable?

BR

John
TheDocAUS

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:40 pm    Post subject: Mitutoyo Reply with quote

John

See your private messages.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Equipment Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: