Shorten extension behind DCR-150 but keep same mag?

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Beatsy

Shorten extension behind DCR-150 but keep same mag?

Post by Beatsy »

Is it possible?

Using DCR-150 as tube lens for Mitties is working well for me now, but the total length from camera to objective is troublesome in the space I have. I wondered if it's possible to add a lens of some sort to reduce the distance from DCR-150 to sensor but preserve FoV, magnification and image quality. I'm not hopeful there will be, but it's always worth asking here. Thanks.

mjkzz

Post by mjkzz »

The only way I can think of is to cut down spacing between objective and Raynox.

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

DCR250 and a 1.6x TC? You probably won't keep any of those things you want to preserve though ;).
Chris R

mawyatt

Post by mawyatt »

Chris,

Clever idea :D

I know the Nikon 1.4 and 1.7 Teleconverters are pretty good optically, especially the new TC1.4. I've used both on the PN105 to "keep" it at the optimum ~1X range but give 1.4X & ~1.7X.

Worth a try?

Best,
Research is like a treasure hunt, you don't know where to look or what you'll find!
~Mike

RobertOToole

Post by RobertOToole »

mawyatt wrote:Chris,

Clever idea :D

I know the Nikon 1.4 and 1.7 Teleconverters are pretty good optically, especially the new TC1.4. I've used both on the PN105 to "keep" it at the optimum ~1X range but give 1.4X & ~1.7X.

Worth a try?

Best,
Agree. The 1.4x is better.

From years of experience in the field using the AF-S Teleconverter 1.4x II and AF-S Teleconverter TC-17E II from Nikon, the 1.7x is no as good as the 1.4x.

Robert

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic