Anyone knows difference between CFW and CFWN eyepieces?

A forum to ask questions, post setups, and generally discuss anything having to do with photomacrography and photomicroscopy.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

abednego1995

Post by abednego1995 »

I've went through my documentation again, and surprise! There were 2 versions of CFUWNs with different FNs in the same time period!
CFUWN(FN26.5), CFUWL(FN25) both with same CFUWN inscription on the barrel.
The CFUWL appears mainly in the Optiphot100-300 series infinity inspection microscope brochures and manuals.

So, perhaps with later objectives just before the switch to CFI, they might have had NCFs with OFN(Objective FN)<26.5mm.
(In an early Optiphot-2 manual from 1991, there is no mention of vignetting and subsequent troubleshooting as you've posted)

>Johny & Itchy
The Senarmont DIC system for the Optiphot-2 was very late in introduction, so I wouldn't be surprised if they had Plan Fluors
furnished for them. Sadly there is a gap between 1993-1997 in my collection, so I can't confirm. I'll be looking out for information though.

Ichthyophthirius

Post by Ichthyophthirius »

JohnyM wrote:Working distances seems to be identical with plans.
Not all of them. The Plan Fluor 20/0.50, for example, has no spring mechanism (mine at least has quite a long working distance), while the Plan 20/0.50 has a sprung nose. There's also the Plan Fluor 40/1.30 for which there is is no Plan equivalent. A list would be very useful.
abednego1995 wrote:I'll be looking out for information though.
Please do ;) We here have been collectively looking for information about the Plan Fluors for many years ... maybe there is something in the Japanese literature?

Regards, Ichty

JohnyM

Post by JohnyM »

Ichthyophthirius wrote:
Not all of them. The Plan Fluor 20/0.50, for example, has no spring mechanism (mine at least has quite a long working distance), while the Plan 20/0.50 has a sprung nose. There's also the Plan Fluor 40/1.30 for which there is is no Plan equivalent. A list would be very useful.
I have all of them (i think):
10x/0.3
20x/0.5
40x/0,75
40x/1.3
100x/1.3 (sold)

10x and 20x indeed doesnt have spring loaded nose.
There also was CF Plan Fluor 2x, but i dont have it. Im not aware of any low power PF's.

I'll try to measure working distances with micro screw, but they seem very similar to plans.

Saul

Re: Anyone knows difference between CFW and CFWN eyepieces?

Post by Saul »

JohnyM wrote:...microscope itself can induce vignetting like it does in photoport (i had to made some quite extensive modifications in microphot, to be able to cover APS-C with no vignetting)...
Hi,
Can you give, please, more details about these modifications, facing the same problem.
Thanks,

PeteM

Re: Anyone knows difference between CFW and CFWN eyepieces?

Post by PeteM »

John (abednego1995) - THANK YOU for taking the time to post all that information. Very much appreciated.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic