"Hello" from a new member

Earlier images, not yet re-categorized. All subject types. Not for new images.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

J.Scott

"Hello" from a new member

Post by J.Scott »

Hi everyone. I have been lurking about for a while now and thought it only proper that I say hello - with a couple recent pictures I took. I truly enjoy the variety and quality of images shown here and would like to stay and hopefully be part of this community.

I am new to macro photography and hope to learn from the experts here. :) These are taken with a Pentax K10D and Voigtlander Macro-APO Lanthar (125mm f2.5).

Thanks for looking.

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Jeffrey,

Welcome aboard! These are excellent first photos, and I look forward to many more. :D

A couple of nits about the posting policy...

Maximum image file size is 200 KB each -- these are all substantially bigger than that. Saving your files a notch or two lower on the JPEG compression slider should take care of that problem. Ask for more hints, if it's an issue.

Also, maximum image size is 800 pixels on the longest side, including the frame if any. A couple of these go just a hair over, because of the black border.

Not to worry, you're not the first and won't be the last to run afoul of one or another of the forum's rules. Just take a read through the Image Posting Guidelines, and we'll look forward to seeing some more pictures tomorrow. :D

--Rik

Mike B in OKlahoma

Post by Mike B in OKlahoma »

Jeffrey, some nice shots to start!

Welcome, make yourself at home...
Mike Broderick
Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Constructive critiques of my pictures, and reposts in this forum for purposes of critique are welcome

"I must obey the inscrutable exhortations of my soul....My mandate includes weird bugs."
--Calvin

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic