New user, new to macro. Have some eye shots!

Just bought that first macro lens? Post here to get helpful feedback and answers to any questions you might have.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Olyn

New user, new to macro. Have some eye shots!

Post by Olyn »

Hi guys,
New user here. I just picked up a Sigma 105mm 2.8 EX DG macro for my Canon 6D cheap on ebay. Got it for £65 because it was 'broken' as the auto-focus wasn't functioning. What ever will I do with it, perhaps a paperweight. I bought it for shooting mini critters but have only got around to shooting my and my cats eyes so far. Its pretty hard to get the iris in focus as the dof is pretty shallow and seems like its 2mm. All are uncropped except the yellow one as I tried to get some distance on 100iso, f22, 60/1, flashed with cropping to see how much detail I could get on that one. I have also been experimenting with post processing obviously.

Anyway i'm just starting. Not even attempted stacking yet.

[iImage
[/img]

MarkSturtevant

Post by MarkSturtevant »

Interesting. Actually, the broken focus is pretty much fine since one often focuses on manual anyway. The iris of course won't be all in focus if the picture is taken at an angle to the plane of the iris.
Mark Sturtevant
Dept. of Still Waters

ray_parkhurst

Post by ray_parkhurst »

I've been thinking about doing some iridology investigations, so these are very interesting. Thanks for posting.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic