1987 motherboard (stereo)

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

mtuell

1987 motherboard (stereo)

Post by mtuell »

Well, I pulled my old Mylex 386-20 motherboard off the wall. I tried a stitch - disaster, so far! Anyway, here is a focus stack (Zerene DMap) of 8 frames, spaced 1/8" apart (~3 mm) with a Nikon D810 full-frame digital at iso 320, for 1/2 second exposures. The lighting was diffuse and not too bright. On the D810, I put an extension tube set and a Schnieder Componon-S 80 mm f/4 enlarger lens, which gave a field of 85 mm, or 0.42:1 (with this extension).

cross-eyed stereo

parallel stereo

And, yes, that is a co-processor socket which used to have a 80287 in there, which later made it into the processor package starting with the 80486.

Mike

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Wow, 80287 does bring back some memories! Not quite as many as an 8087 would, but 'tis enough, 'tis enough.

The stereo looks good except for some odd blurring at the end of the big socket, and again in what looks like a notch on the right side of that socket.

Seems like too much depth to just fall between focus planes.

Any idea what's going on there?

--Rik

mtuell

Post by mtuell »

Rik, nothing gets by you! :D

I too was wondering what that was. The original "on-axis" stack doesn't show this at all. Perhaps the modulation setting was different, but I don't think so.

I can play around with this some more if you like, to try to figure out what's up.

Mike

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic