Hand stacking

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

JH

Hand stacking

Post by JH »

Still training in the noble art of hand stacking. This is a Passion fruit flower (Passiflora edulis) from Bergius Botanic Garden, Edvard Anderson Conservatory http://www.bergianska.se/english/the-ga ... nservatory

Outside the Conservatory the wood anemones (Anemone nemorosa) was blooming.

Best regards
Jörgen Hellberg
Jörgen Hellberg, my webbsite www.hellberg.photo

BugEZ

Post by BugEZ »

Those turned out well! Especially the filaments at the flower’s center in the first photo. Can you share your hand stacking technique?

Thanks,

Keith

JH

Post by JH »

BugEZ wrote:Those turned out well! Especially the filaments at the flower’s center in the first photo. Can you share your hand stacking technique?

Thanks,

Keith
Thanks Keith

No special technique. This was with a Canon 6D and a 100mm 2.8 macro. I have tried both turning the focus ring and slowly moving back and forth - both methods works, in this case I moved the camera. I did some retouching in Zerne.

Risk for
-focus banding,
-motion blur,
-not focusing/moving in a straight line
are the main technical issues. If I want to use RAW a limited picture buffer is also a problem.

For some locations hand held stacking is the only option. The Edvard Anderson Conservatory allows photographing but not the use of tripods.

Best regards
Jörgen Hellberg
Jörgen Hellberg, my webbsite www.hellberg.photo

BugEZ

Post by BugEZ »

Thanks Jorgen!

You sure got good results. I will have to try hand stacking again. I have had limited success.

K

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic