www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Euophrys frontalis(?) - male jumping spider
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Euophrys frontalis(?) - male jumping spider

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Technical and Studio Photography -- Macro and Close-up
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beatsy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:00 am    Post subject: Euophrys frontalis(?) - male jumping spider Reply with quote

This started out as a test subject (http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36977&start=19) but came out quite well after a little doctoring in post. The FoV is ~4mm, stack of 555 images taken with 10x Mitty. The tube lens was a 105mm f/2.8 Pentax Super Takumar on a Sony A7rii running in APS-C crop mode.

mawyatt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve,

Very nice image with the Pentax 105 and Mitty 10X. That combo with Sony A7 certainly works well as you've shown Very Happy

I'm wondering if the Nikon body will behave as well, since the camera flange to sensor distance is longer than Sony or Canon, which will place the Pentax 105 a few mm further from the sensor? My guess is it won't madder much.

Best,
JH

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
A lovely picture, as usual.
Best regards
Jörgen Hellberg
Beatsy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mawyatt wrote:
Steve,
I'm wondering if the Nikon body will behave as well, since the camera flange to sensor distance is longer than Sony or Canon, which will place the Pentax 105 a few mm further from the sensor? My guess is it won't madder much.

The A7rii has a very short flange distance but the M42 to E-Mount adapter fills the gap "just so". If the Nikon flange distance is longer than needed, I wonder if you'd have trouble focusing at infinity at all (the lens has a hard stop at infinity focus). I guess an adapter could sort-of "countersink" the M42 thread further into the Nikon body, but then you'd have to use live view as the mirror wouldn't be able to flap. Sounds a dodgy proposition to me, though I vaguely remember reading about such an arrangement - somewhere...
Roel Wijtmans

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such a beauty! Very nice photo of a very nice critter.
mawyatt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beatsy wrote:
mawyatt wrote:
Steve,

The A7rii has a very short flange distance but the M42 to E-Mount adapter fills the gap "just so". If the Nikon flange distance is longer than needed, I wonder if you'd have trouble focusing at infinity at all (the lens has a hard stop at infinity focus). I guess an adapter could sort-of "countersink" the M42 thread further into the Nikon body, but then you'd have to use live view as the mirror wouldn't be able to flap. Sounds a dodgy proposition to me, though I vaguely remember reading about such an arrangement - somewhere...

I'm sure you won't be able to focus at infinity with the Nikon body & standard 42mm to F mount adapter, but wonder if that will matter much in the final image rendering.
Beatsy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mawyatt wrote:
I'm sure you won't be able to focus at infinity with the Nikon body & standard 42mm to F mount adapter, but wonder if that will matter much in the final image rendering.

Well, it wouldn't cost a lot to try it. If it doesn't work, I may have inadvertently created a small market you can offload it in. You're welcome Laughing
Olympusman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:24 pm    Post subject: Jumper Reply with quote

Goddam, Beatsy, that is a beauty.

Mike
razashaikh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great detailed shot!
Sumguy01

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent photo.
Thanks for sharing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Technical and Studio Photography -- Macro and Close-up All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: