Pentax 67 35 mm fisheye on full-frame DSLR

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

mtuell

Pentax 67 35 mm fisheye on full-frame DSLR

Post by mtuell »

I've been playing around with Pentax 67 lenses on a D810. Here's one that kind of fits the theme here. It is with the 35 mm fisheye, through the yellow filter, taken as two offset pictures. No stacking or stitching involved. Hand-held, ambient lighting, stopped down a bit for DoF. The subject (pedestal to very top) is just about 300 mm tall. Shot from ~450 mm away.

Cross-eyed stereo

Mike

Smokedaddy

Post by Smokedaddy »

... interesting figurine. As you know I have just about every Pentax medium format lens but sold the fisheye years ago. I'm not that good at cross eyed stuff but it looks fine with my 3D glasses.

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

The stereo certainly works!. Am I missing something, or would you have got much the same result with a 35mm kit zoom on the Nikon?
Chris R

mtuell

Post by mtuell »

James, try this one:

parallel view

If you don't have it, get Stereo Photo Maker, then you can easily make a cross-eyed view work correctly with the glasses. I can't do cross-eyed either, so I construct it with glasses then swap (push X) and save another version.

Chris, yes, there are probably a few combinations that would work OK. Just for kicks, I think I'll try it with a GoPro with it's built in wide angle. I can also try from farther back with a more normal lens. I wanted to be up close and really get some perspective. I had the adapter and a borrowed P67 fisheye sitting there, so that's why I chose that lens. Plus it has cool filters built in 8) (this shot is through the yellow filter).

Mike

Smokedaddy

Post by Smokedaddy »

mtuell wrote:James, try this one:
That one is much better.

mtuell

Post by mtuell »

Yes, it is much easier on the brain if the scene makes sense! :shock: While opposite eye views have "depth", they are totally weird. If you only use the glasses (as I do), swap sides if it is cross-eye. You'll be much happier! :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic