www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Gauging Interest
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Gauging Interest

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Equipment Exchange
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ray_parkhurst

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:11 pm    Post subject: Gauging Interest Reply with quote

Hello fellow photomacrographers!

Like most folks I have built up a stack of excess items through completion or abandonment of various projects, and it is time to clean house. Rather than listing it all I thought I'd give a general list to see if folks have interest in more specific listings. Here is what I have to offer:

Precision ground T-beam aluminum beams. I have two sizes, I believe ~16" and ~20", but need to remeasure to be sure. Big and heavy with precision ground orthoganal mounting surfaces. I thought about integrating vertical stepper systems with these but ended up doing piecemeal assemblies instead.

Bausch & Lomb Stereo and StereoZoom pods. These pods are excess from various systems I purchased, generally for the use of the stands for coin photo setups. I have Stereo-1, Stereo-2, and StereoZoom 2/3/4/5?/6/7 units. I have sold the reject ones to a dealer who refurbishes them, so what I have left are the nicer units.

Nikon and other manual stages. I purchased these originally to automate them for Z-stage use, but then I discovered the utility of the THK KR stages and the mjkzz voice coil stage and do not need these any more.

Stepper Motors. I have several types, mostly NEMA 17, both 200 and 400 step types. Also a couple NEMA 23, maybe some NEMA 14. Some single shaft, some dual shaft.

Tomioka 32mm lenses. I have a few of these left. These were reviewed by RobertOToole and are pretty nice around 3:1, which is a nice range to be optimized for.

105mm Printing-Nikkors. I have a few of these left. Not cheap but if you want one I have known-good ones.

Tominon E36 58mm and 86mm repro lenses. Sharp lenses.

Bausch & Lomb 15x Ultra Widefield eyepieces. The best 15x eyepieces ever made for 23mm systems. Also have 10x, 12.5x, 15x, 20x, and 33x in Bausch & Lomb, plus some really nice 25x AO that have much wider eye relief and useability than you would expect from such high power.

Bausch & Lomb Boom stands. Older types with round bases. Heavy.

Nikon 200mm f/4 prime lenses. Somehow I ended up with several of these. I have at least 2 AIS and 1 AI converted QC.

Nikon Binocular Head and Vertical illuminator. Came from a wafer inspection microscope with BD objectives. Half-mirror is working well. Needs some TLC.

Plus tons of other stuff. PM me if any of the above is of interest.
Lou Jost

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I highly recommend these Printing Nikkors from Ray. They are the best lenses for 1:1 and this is a rare chance to get a known-good one. I bought one from Ray a while back and it has become my favorite lens.
mawyatt

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Lou, awhile back I also got a Printing Nikkor PN105mm f2.8A from Ray. It's also one of my favorite lenses.

Using Lou's clever idea of keeping the Nikkor at it's highly optimized 1X design point and using a high quality teleconverter to move the magnification from 1X to 1.4, 1.7 & 2X works very well I might add.

If your into serious IQ around 0.6~2X this is one of the best lenses for this range, see Marks evaluation.

http://coinimaging.com/lens_tests_new.html?

Best,

Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Equipment Exchange All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: