Kirlian Photography

A forum to ask questions, post setups, and generally discuss anything having to do with photomacrography and photomicroscopy.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

concon

Kirlian Photography

Post by concon »

One of my instagram followers messaged me about a photography technique (Kirlian). I searched it here and just saw it mentioned.

Has anyone on this board attempted this (focus stacking or not)? I'm highly fascinated in the imagery that might be able to be captured.

enricosavazzi

Re: Kirlian Photography

Post by enricosavazzi »

concon wrote:One of my instagram followers messaged me about a photography technique (Kirlian). I searched it here and just saw it mentioned.

Has anyone on this board attempted this (focus stacking or not)? I'm highly fascinated in the imagery that might be able to be captured.
Years ago it was all the fashion among believers in parapsychology and alternative medicine (the coronal discharge caused by high-voltage electric fields was apparently believed to be a manifestation of a supernatural "aura").

The Wikipedia article on Kirlian photography is quite detailed, and can be a starting point. The visible effect itself is of course physical, and there is nothing supernatural about it.
--ES

concon

Post by concon »

Haha, that I can easily see- spirits are energy man! That's the coin's spirit! /s

I'm just interested in the beautiful imagery and creating some interesting content. I was just looking to see if anyone here had some examples of their work or attempts.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic