Sold - Nikon Shadowgraph X-Y-(Z) stage

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Nussknacker

Sold - Nikon Shadowgraph X-Y-(Z) stage

Post by Nussknacker »

I just came across this item:

Nikon 6C Shadowgraph precision XYZ table

https://www.ebay.com/itm/nikon-6c-shado ... rmvSB=true

I do have this precise stage and I am very happy with it. X/Y adjustment is 0.001 mm, Z adjustment is 2 mm per turn with a large wheel (uncalibrated). It weighs a ton. The photographs show a need for a bit of oil and cleaning, but basically it is extremely well build.
I would buy it but seller does not ship to South Africa. I use mine for a Canon with MP-E 65 and sometimes bellows and microscope objectives.

I have no connection to the seller and don't know anything about the condition of the item on sale. Found it by chance and thought I would let you know.

------------

Regards,

Ulrich
Last edited by Nussknacker on Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

I'm not sure how "Z" works, but X Y and rotation look very much the same as on the base of some Measurescopes. Yes I can confirm that it's a great base. They are, fortunately for me, so heavy that shipping is a problem. Nobody else put in a bid on the one I collected.
Chris R

Nussknacker

Post by Nussknacker »

ChrisR wrote:I'm not sure how "Z" works, but X Y and rotation look very much the same as on the base of some Measurescopes. Yes I can confirm that it's a great base. They are, fortunately for me, so heavy that shipping is a problem. Nobody else put in a bid on the one I collected.
Chris,

the Z-axis is driven by a large wheel on the right hand side. Its function was to bring the item to be measured into sharp focus on the projection screen. The fine adjustment X/Y controls were there to bring the focussed shadow (projection) of the item into the correct position. Then you would measure the greatly enlarged projection of said item. So the Z-axiz did not measure anything and didn't need to be calibrated.

Ulrich

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

Thanks. By the way it says 25mm on X and Y, my base is 50mm each axis.
Chris R

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic