www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - AMI Wafer
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
AMI Wafer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Photography Through the Microscope
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smokedaddy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:37 pm    Post subject: AMI Wafer Reply with quote

Experimenting with my modded MM-11.

-JW:

Last edited by Smokedaddy on Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:56 pm; edited 6 times in total
Saul

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked
Splendid !
mawyatt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

James,

Awesome images Very Happy

Wonderful detail and the B&W really looks great

Best,

Mike
Jacek

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice Very Happy
Smokedaddy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, it was interesting. I updated a few images.
GaryB

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, now let's see you soldering some of those transistors Razz
mawyatt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaryB wrote:
Cool, now let's see you soldering some of those transistors Razz

Gary,

If he tried to solder every lead of a transistor (assuming 3 leads, they actually have 4 if you include the substrate), 1 lead every second, on a newer processor with 10 billion devices it would take 951 years Rolling Eyes

Best,
GaryB

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If he tried to solder every lead of a transistor (assuming 3 leads, they actually have 4 if you include the substrate), 1 lead every second, on a newer processor with 10 billion devices it would take 951 years Rolling Eyes

Pfft, it's not like he's got anything better to do, sitting around taking photos all day. He may need a finer tip on his iron though Very Happy
Smokedaddy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... been busy soldering but I did take the time for one more image. This is a 100% crop, Nikon BD Plan APO 100/0.90.

GaryB

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice indeed!
carlos.uruguay

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super!
siliconGary

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice images! BTW that is not an AMD wafer, your wafer was made by AMI semiconductors. They were bought by ONSemi and they have a wafer fab in Nampa Idaho (Outside of Boise) that is still operational. Which is presumably where yours originally came from (Given the Idaho artwork).

Coincidentally the wafer Fab (Which at one time was known as Aptina) makes colour filter arrays and microlens on image sensors today (And tests them).
Smokedaddy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

siliconGary wrote:
Nice images! BTW that is not an AMD wafer, your wafer was made by AMI semiconductors. They were bought by ONSemi and they have a wafer fab in Nampa Idaho (Outside of Boise) that is still operational. Which is presumably where yours originally came from (Given the Idaho artwork).

Coincidentally the wafer Fab (Which at one time was known as Aptina) makes colour filter arrays and microlens on image sensors today (And tests them).

Yea the first images I posted were labeled incorrectly and I fixed them. <g> BTW, years ago I worked on the 52ond street Motorola COM1 project here in Phoenix, then ON semiconductor took over. That whole site is a environmental disaster. They (Motorola) contaminated the ground water as far back as the 70's there. Back in the day I've seen them dump 55 gallon barrels of trichloroethylene on the dirt and for years. Leaking liners in pits for years, yada, yada. <duh> Nowadays you can't even dig on that site without protective gear or remove dirt from the site since it's so contaminated. It was a disaster to even work at the old Motorola plant with all the freaking leaks. They had buckets catching the HF leaks. It took them YEARS to get it under control. Of course all of the Motorola plants are history here now and there were several. ST Microelectronics was another terrible place to work as far as safety goes (port of entry restrictions applied) and a engineering nightmare as far as the piping/tubing design for the tools goes. Then there's Freescale Semiconductor, Great Western Silicon and the list goes on and I've worked at all of them. I've spent a few decades working at semiconductor and pharmaceutical plants all over the world. Then you fast forward to today and the safety restrictions are overwhelming and directly have an effect on productively (as far as new construction and tool hookup go). It's a crazy but interesting world we live in. Wish I were 18 again so I would be able to see what's in the future.

-JW:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Photography Through the Microscope All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: