Olympus Image Share and Focus Bracketing

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

bralex

Olympus Image Share and Focus Bracketing

Post by bralex »

I'm attempting to use the Olympus Image Share app to take some focus-bracketed pictures. I can use the app just fine for single shots, but, even when the camera is all set for bracketing, I can find no way to get the app to take anything other than a single shot.

Anyone able to get this working? There's no equivalent to the menus in the tethered Olympus Capture software, at least that I can find.

Thanks
Scott

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

No idea Scott, but it might help (or not) if we knew the camera model ;).
Chris R

zzffnn

Re: Olympus Image Share and Focus Bracketing

Post by zzffnn »

bralex wrote:I'm attempting to use the Olympus Image Share app to take some focus-bracketed pictures. I can use the app just fine for single shots, but, even when the camera is all set for bracketing, I can find no way to get the app to take anything other than a single shot.

Anyone able to get this working? There's no equivalent to the menus in the tethered Olympus Capture software, at least that I can find.

Thanks
Scott
Scott,

They worked for me (with E-M10 II, auto m4/3 lenses, on Android smartphone). Simply holding shutter release button on the phone app will run bracketing. Removing finger will stop it.
Selling my Canon FD 200mm F/2.8 lens

bralex

Post by bralex »

Chris, my apologies for not mentioning that. E-M5 Mk II with a 40-150 Pro lens. Attempting to run on my ipad.

zzffnn, I will have to give that a try this afternoon - it wouldn't have occurred to me to hold the button down!

jojm

Post by jojm »

Scott,
Did you check if your lens isn't already focused at infinity before you took the photo?
The focus bracketing always stops when focus is on infinity.
Just to test if this could happen, pull back the MP ring on the lens, put the distance on 10ft, replace the MP ring in auto-focus position then try again.

bralex

Post by bralex »

jojm wrote:Scott,
Did you check if your lens isn't already focused at infinity before you took the photo?
The focus bracketing always stops when focus is on infinity.
Just to test if this could happen, pull back the MP ring on the lens, put the distance on 10ft, replace the MP ring in auto-focus position then try again.
Yes, I did check. I can do everything fine (I shot some snowflakes today! - Fun!) but nothing allows me to bracket with the app. Just means I need to be careful about pressing the shutter until I get a remote.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic