Going a touch mad, Missus getting agitated, help required

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Onamatappear

Going a touch mad, Missus getting agitated, help required

Post by Onamatappear »

Hello Everyone,
Please forgive my ignorance on this subject but I have just recently inherited a collection of items. They are big, heavy and taking up space much to the annoyance of the boss
I have done some research but it feels like I’m learning a whole new language and have become quite baffled which is why I’m reaching out.
I have taken lots of pictures of all items and was wondering what they are, what they do, which items go with which, which items are missing bits.
I’m now at a loss do any help would be appreciated .
All pics are here
https://easyzoom.com/profile/1103
Thanks in advance

Alan Wood

Post by Alan Wood »

Lots of interesting Reichert and Zeiss bits, but no objectives and therefore no complete microscopes.

There is a sale of used microscopes etcetera in Earley (just outside Reading) on Saturday 10th March:
Reading Convention 2018

There is no charge for sellers, and there will be lots of amateur microscopists looking for bits and pieces at reasonable prices.

Alan Wood

enricosavazzi

Post by enricosavazzi »

Fig. 51-54 seems to be a 1x objective for a (Zeiss?) measuring microscope. It cannot be used on a normal microscope with rotating turret.

Fig. 61-63 is an early Zeiss Universal, but no stage, no condenser and no objective head (unless they are in some other pictures and I missed them).

Fig. 20-22 is the standof a Zeiss Standard, but I don't know the exact model. Some other user of this forum can probably help.

I am fairly sure that there is also a Zeiss Ultraphot stand among the pictures, one of the largest table-top microscopes made by Zeiss. See e.g. http://www.the-ultraphot-shop.org.uk/

As a whole, lots of items that could fetch some money if sold separately on eBay, but it will take quite a lot of work and time to sell it. You will also need help in evaluating the condition of each piece in order not to misrepresent it in the description of the items (some of them may look fine, but be unusable). An alternative is advertising it "as is", but at a really low price. You might try to sell everything as a single lot, but for such heavy stuff the shipment costs will be substantial and there will be few takers. More practical, perhaps, to advertise each microscope frame for itself, and the small stuff as a single lot. Other users may be able to suggest reasonable prices (or make an offer, and perhaps even be able to come and look at the items).

The pieces are not enough to build one complete microscope out of them. It looks like much of the good (=sufficiently expensive and small enough to easily sell on eBay) bits have already been removed, and only the heaviest stuff remains.
--ES

grgh

bits and bobs

Post by grgh »

Pm sent.
used to do astronomy.
and photography.
Zeiss Universal Phase contrast.
Zeiss PMII
B&L stereo zoom.

bluefish

Post by bluefish »

Good evening
I have 4 zeiss microscopes and I can make my contribution:
74 - 68 and 66 are ZEISS Nosepiece for UNIVERSAL microscope or PHOTOMICROSCOPE. ZEISS WEST GERMANY photos 62 and 63. Depending on the price, and condition, I will be buyer of one or two nosepiece.

75 and 64 are zeiss KPL eyepieces corrected for ZEISS WEST GERMANY lenses

18 and 19 are light bulbs for ZEISS STANDARD microscopes from photos 20 and 22

69 and 70 are PLAN objectives of ZEISS WEST GERMANY

These microscopes and accessories are about 40-50 years old and can still be used with 160 mm optics. It is very robust material that can be used for a very long time but it must be dismantled and cleaned before putting it back into service if it has been left for a long time without being used.
retired from the wine and vine, amateur of macro photography and who speaks English with difficulty. Mr Google will help me. Thank you for your indulgence.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic