Chip Image @ 16218 by 11554

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

mawyatt

Chip Image @ 16218 by 11554

Post by mawyatt »

I've placed a large stitched image with 16218 by 11554 pixel resolution in Nikon Image Space, don't know if this will work though....so this is an experiment for a large file view.

The JPEG is ~97MB at Nikon site, and the original TIFF is ~1.12GB. The image was capture last summer with an initial 16 stitch of stacked images with a Mitutoyo 10X and Nikon 200mm F4 tube lens, stacking step size was 5 microns. I had to redo a sections 13 and 14, so total sessions were 18.

This was my 1st attempt at a massive stitch & stack session, later I did another chip I can't revel that was 19K by 13k. I'm heading towards 30K by 20k. I used Nikon D500 with mentioned lenses, a Stackshot controller under Zerene UI command and a custom focus rail based upon the surplus THK KR20. Had lots of issues with strobes and illumination uniformity, blank images and so on. Eventually traced to the RF trigger system. I ended up using 4 receivers on 4 strobes, which were also optically coupled (S1 mode) to each other and the other 2 strobes. Soon I hope to migrate my entire macro lighting system to the superb Adorama Studio 300 AC & R2 RF system (part way there now).

If this doesn't work I apologize for taking up thread space.

https://nis.nikonimagespace.com/html/my ... tOrder=asc

Here's the PS version saved for Web at 1024 by 730 at 265K. Well this didn't work, I get this error message:

"The datatype application/octet-stream is not supported."

Best,
Research is like a treasure hunt, you don't know where to look or what you'll find!
~Mike

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

I get "Server Error" from Nikon.

Errors when trying to upload or post a link to this site are usually a (slightly) unusual character in the string.
Chris R

mawyatt

Post by mawyatt »

Chris,

I get to the Nikon site to log in?

Try this.

Just checked this and it worked, does taken a long time to download and mouse gets very slow to update.

Also, what does the error message I get when trying to load the PS image saved for Web I mentioned above? This is from the "Upload picture" attempt.

Best
Research is like a treasure hunt, you don't know where to look or what you'll find!
~Mike

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Both links to nikonimagespace.com respond for me with "Server Error" // An server error has occurred. // Please re-enter the site from the top page. We apologize for your inconvenience."

"The datatype application/octet-stream is not supported" means that your browser did not provide a recognized image type to go along with the data. This can result from saving the file with no extension, for example "fubar" instead of "fubar.jpg". No doubt there are other causes, which will also depend on Mac vs Windows vs Linux and exactly which browser you're using. But I would check the file name first.

--Rik

mawyatt

Post by mawyatt »

rjlittlefield wrote:Both links to nikonimagespace.com respond for me with "Server Error" // An server error has occurred. // Please re-enter the site from the top page. We apologize for your inconvenience."

"The datatype application/octet-stream is not supported" means that your browser did not provide a recognized image type to go along with the data. This can result from saving the file with no extension, for example "fubar" instead of "fubar.jpg". No doubt there are other causes, which will also depend on Mac vs Windows vs Linux and exactly which browser you're using. But I would check the file name first.

--Rik
Rik, Chris,

Try this link, I have no idea why this isn't working as it works for me. Try this link. From this link navigate to the image. It's big ~100MB file and takes awhile to load, my mouse almost goes to sleep until it's finished!!

https://nis.nikonimagespace.com/html/my ... tos/photos

Rik,

The file didn't have a extension, so I added one. Now it works..thanks!!

Best,

Mike
~Mike

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

Mike - The link above goes to MY Nikon image space,w hich is empty!
Chris R

mawyatt

Post by mawyatt »

Chris,

Not sure whats going on since I can see all the images. Here's another try.

Best,

Mike
~Mike

Saul

Post by Saul »

Hi Mike,

Maybe I have to have account in order to see your photo ? This is last your link ...

...after creating account and trying to open the link:

Mike, please remember, Nikon is not a software company :) ...
Saul
μ-stuff

mawyatt

Post by mawyatt »

Saul,

Think you are right, this doesn't seem to work. Kinda had a feeling it wasn't going to work an allow anyone to view without being a NIS member.

Sorry for the wasted thread space & folks valuable time.

Best,
~Mike

Saul

Post by Saul »

...still waiting for their email to confirm my registration. Maybe because of that, even being registered (but not confirmed yet), I'm getting that 2nd message.

Edit:
Account confirmed, same 2nd message. Nikon is on the weekend vacation most probably ;) Let's hope, it will work on Monday, I want to see your great photo in the full size beauty !

Edit:
I shared my photo:
http://img.gg/ZlZD9aN
can anybody see it ? If yes, Mike, I suspect that you shared photo's address from the browser (right click menu), not from the Nikon's sharing link-please compare my address with yours. You have to choose their 2nd sharing option (alongside), not within the album.
Last edited by Saul on Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saul
μ-stuff

mawyatt

Post by mawyatt »

Saul wrote:...still waiting for their email to confirm my registration. Maybe because of that, even being registered (but not confirmed yet), I'm getting that 2nd message.

Edit:
Account confirmed, same 2nd message. Nikon is on the weekend vacation most probably ;) Let's hope, it will work on Monday, I want to see your great photo in the full size beauty !
Agree about Nikon software, anything that Nikon touches that's software related seems to be hosed up!! Thank goodness they know how to make cameras and lens :roll:

This is my 1st major stack & stitch image. The 97MP image looks nice but does show artifacts of stitching, and some of the illumination non-uniformity I experienced. Some day I'll be able to show the 19K by 13K chip image which is better. I even have some chip images at 20X that were stitched, but not allowed to display just yet.

Cheers,
~Mike

Saul

Post by Saul »

mawyatt wrote:...Agree about Nikon software, anything that Nikon touches that's software related seems to be hosed up!! Thank goodness they know how to make cameras and lens :roll:...
Please check my latest edits of the previous message , maybe it will help ...
Saul
μ-stuff

mawyatt

Post by mawyatt »

Saul,

OK that might be it, I just ccd the link with right click.

Here's one with Link URL from NIS.

http://img.gg/0NvBr4H

I could see your link, got an error message then it appeared!!

Best,
~Mike

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

mawyatt wrote:Try this link. From this link navigate to the image.
https://nis.nikonimagespace.com/html/my ... tos/photos
I regret to report that this still gives me the "Server Error" message. It does the same thing in Chrome, FireFox, and IE on Windows, and in Safari on Mac. I don't see any request to login, so if that's the problem, the website design is a bit deficient.
Saul wrote:Edit:
I shared my photo:
http://img.gg/ZlZD9aN
can anybody see it ?
Yes, works fine -- the leaf with the gall.

--Rik

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

I can see Saul's image. Mike it looks like the link has to have "guest" in it :) .
Chris R

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic